Rainbow Six Siege

RudeCurve

Banned

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/

That R6 game looked cool, guess I am buying that then :)

I've been waiting for the Patriots game myself but I guess this new Siege game is replacing it? It seems this game is multiplayer only?:???: There's gotta be a story mode in there? The website says it's MP only.

Anyway the gameplay and procedural destruction looks good.:smile:

One thing in that video that is jarring is the weapon recoil looks really bad. I personally don't like the "shiny" style graphics but it's different.

Last edited by a moderator:
Next-gen is here! How destructible is it? If they kept going, would they bring the whole building down on their heads?

Looks like the CQC expansion of BF3. It had similar destruction. Of course game modes were different, but I have already enjoyed this destruction on the ps3.

theyll also aim better, I nearly yelled at my monitor during portions of that!

looking forward to this one looks awesome

BF3 CQC had quite good destruction and was quite fun.

But this is even better imo. As Shifty said...first real next gen entry!?!

The strategic gameplay seems to be possible almost exclusively if you use mics/headset which could be a sever problem because the majority of players won't use mics/headset.
Ubi must really find a good non-verbal commutation system or Siege it's never going to deliver the right experience to the average player.

That's true of any decent online game though. Good coordination will always completely demolish the opposition. Either gamers have to get in on the act, or filter servers to silent games. I'd ahve thought on PS4 at least that it won't make any difference because PS gamers never use voice chat. :p (is that still the case with PS4)

The strategic gameplay seems to be possible almost exclusively if you use mics/headset which could be a sever problem because the majority of players won't use mics/headset.
Ubi must really find a good non-verbal commutation system or Siege it's never going to deliver the right experience to the average player.

yup,hopefully they copy what valve has done on Portal 2. No need to talk to coordinate :D

That's true of any decent online game though. Good coordination will always completely demolish the opposition. Either gamers have to get in on the act, or filter servers to silent games. I'd ahve thought on PS4 at least that it won't make any difference because PS gamers never use voice chat. :p (is that still the case with PS4)

In many decent FPS you can at least "mark/highlight" enemies or objects in the environment but here you can't.
This means that mics/headset are pretty much necessary to communicate and not just a better way to communicate.

In many decent FPS you can at least "mark/highlight" enemies or objects in the environment but here you can't.
This means that mics/headset are pretty much necessary to communicate and not just a better way to communicate.

Even the old R6 Vegas has that function but only in story mode..I don't think you could do it in coop. I think when you're playing with real people it's better NOT to have that function...makes it more real and challenging. You can't mark enemies in real life.

Even the old R6 Vegas has that function but only in story mode..I don't think you could do it in coop. I think when you're playing with real people it's better NOT to have that function...makes it more real and challenging. You can't mark enemies in real life.

Relying ONLY on voice chat for communication it's a serious design flaw because the majority of player WON'T use it.

I don't know, but at least the PS4 comes with a headset, so if they don't use chat, it's by choice.

Relying ONLY on voice chat for communication it's a serious design flaw because the majority of player WON'T use it.

I agree that ONLY having voice will limit coordinated strategy when many players choose not to use a headset....however there is an easy way to filter games based on voice requirements just like any other online MP filter. If you go to "find game" and you see results with "headset required" for certain games you're free to join if you have a headset...if not you get blocked. And if you try to get into by connecting a headset but don't actually cooperate with your team members then you get booted.

On the other hand if you see game sessions that don't have that requirement you'd play those games like any other A team VS B team game. I honestly don't see why there'd be a need to mark enemies even without chat. Marking enemies is only useful if there's a way to synchronise coordinated strategies. How would you communicate your intentions? :???: You would first need a team leader and this person would need to be able to "command" other players. Without voice how would you do this efficiently?

How would you communicate your intentions? :???: You would first need a team leader and this person would need to be able to "command" other players. Without voice how would you do this efficiently?

Voice chat would be the most efficient way to communicate but there are other ways.
For instance they could implement a series of "commands" (breach, go, attack, destroy, help, etc...) accessible thorough a radial menu; that would allow player to communicate without voice chat.
I believe Socom, previous RS and BF had/has something similar.
It would not be as effective as voice chat but it would allow all players to communicate nonetheless.

Back