Radeon Xpress 200 Reviews - when?!

nagus

Newcomer
I wonder....

The ASUS P5RD1-V is on sale in Europe for at least 2 weeks!

Where are the reviews :?:

They were waiting for the final retail boards to come out. I have a board sitting in the test lab at the moment, but it will be a little while before I get to it. I'd imagine that other reviews will be up sooner or later.

I found it quite ironic that today, a few days after test kits were sent out, Fudo was stating that Theater 550 PRO has not Window Media Center Drivers when one of the pitches ATI has with XPRESS 200 is for Media Center and the motherboard review kit came with a Theater 550 PRO and a full Media Center install.

GamePC reviewed the ($92 @ NewEgg) MSI Xpress 200 MB a while ago. At least, I think it's an Xpress 200 MB....

That MSI is AMD (Socket 939 + PCIe, to be precise, which makes it all the more amazing for being just $92). Alas, the review noted it was less than fully stable.

DaveBaumann said:
Yeah, I think Nagus s talking about the Intel version as that's what the ASUS board is.

Yeah, the kits are out and about. We should have our eval, maybe of an EQS board rather than the ASUS, up soon.

OK, I'll let the Intel/AMD thing go. ;) The dual-core Pentium D looks sweet, and if it'll debut at $264, it's a tempting case to get an LGA MB.

Edit: I'm pretty sure I remember the Anandtech preview mentioning $264. It sounds ridiculously low to me, too. I could be mistaken.

dual core intel at 264 $ ? at the very least it should be three times this price.

better wait for the AMD 64 bits dual core, it should really perform better. it launch as soon as the 04/21, for the 8xx models that are made for four way and eight way systems, opteron variants for dual processors, uniprocessors will follow and finally desktop athlon fx..

Magnum PI said:
dual core intel at 264 $ ? at the very least it should be three times this price.

The 2.8GHz dual core P4 (without HT) will be $241 - but it won't be availeble until June (same time as the A64 X2 line should be released). Until then the only dual core chip from intel will be the 3.2GHz DC EE at $999.

there have been some benchmarks on these boards . It looks like slapping in a athlon 64 3000+ or even a venice core 3200+ and using the onboard video would make a cheap dx 9 lvl gaming system .

Can't wait to see some of the higher end benchmarks .

MIght have to sell my x800xt pe , athlon 64 3000+ and socket 754 board and get a x800xl , athlon 64 3200+ venice and a ati xpress board

Back