Radeon software, legacy and current product together?

I don't suppose there is any way to find drivers supporting both Ryzen IGP and a legacy GPU (which nowadays mean anything older than RX line)? It's a bummer, the current Radeon software does not recognize the legacy products and the Legacy version of Radeon software of course does not recognize the IGPU.

I don't think there's a way to have the Catalyst Control Center recognize both cards, however you should be able to install drivers for both cards.

Then to adjust settings for the non CCC recognized card (if needed) you can either edit the registry or use a 3rd party application to do that. I'm pretty sure Windows creates a unique registry location for each card that is installed. It's been a long long time since I've messed around with registry entries for my GPUs.

Regards,
SB

Are hardware profiles still a thing ?
or Dual boot if you absolutely have to run both gpu's

Last edited:
I don't think there's a way to have the Catalyst Control Center recognize both cards, however you should be able to install drivers for both cards.

The problem is that the stuff is all packaged into Radeon software installer, so whichever installer I run will uninstall the one that is already installed... I have a feeling the driver architecture itself won't fly with two instances existing simultaneously either.

Edit: Indeed - I pointed the official driver's file tree (left around from earlier install) for the IGP in Device Manager while the Legacy driver is installed, but that just leads into both devices going to nonworking state. Have to run the Radeon software installer to fix the situation.

Edit2: And using the installer with 'Driver only' or 'minimal install' leads to system having whatever driver version was last installed...

Last edited:
Pre-RX actually got pushed to legacy status only last summer. So, I digged up the release from April '21 and there I have it, the same driver works for both! I'll settle for this version for now.

...However, it turned out that I must set the IGP as primary in BIOS, otherwise it gets disabled. And selecting the GPU per-app does not seem to work, Windows only offers the primary one. So, not much fun after all the fuss.

Back