R420 Shows up at IDF

Discussion in 'Beyond3D News' started by Dave Baumann, Feb 19, 2004.

1. ek0st0ns

Newcomer

CMR04 Demo

With my 9800 pro, p4 3ghz at 1600x1200 4xAA/8xAF all settings maxed out I average 40fps. If the R420 is averaging the claimed 100fps at 1600x1200 4xAA/8xAF then that would be about 2-3 times faster than 40fps. The thing is we don't know what settings were used with the R420.

2. Evildeus

Veteran

Re: CMR04 Demo

Unfortunately, i think it was a maximum and not an average ("up to 100 fps" if i remember correctly)

3. ek0st0ns

Newcomer

ATI Technologies is reported to have said that the next-generation visual processing unit shown off at IDF – the code-named R420 – is capable of running at 100fps in Colin McRae Rally 2004 game, which is 2 or 3 times faster compared to “today’s DirectX 9.0 hardwareâ€￾. (from xbitlabs)

4. Evildeus

Veteran

5. martrox

martrox Old Fart
    Veteran

ED, after a year and a half, you are still grabbing at those straws.......you smoking something hallucinogenic? :wink:

6. T2k

T2k
    Veteran

I dunno what's your problem m8 but on my bottom config it's just running seamlessly w/ 4xAA+8xQAF, everything maxed out, 1600x1200, no Vsync.

Maybe you should change your CPU t a strong one... :p ;)

7. Evildeus

Veteran

Hell, why not? It's not because something i like is at the bottom of the line that i won't support it .... by my writting. That doesn't mean i would buy some Nv card ATM ;)

8. martrox

martrox Old Fart
    Veteran

Um....grabbing at straws or smoking something hallucinogenic?:wink:(j/k)

Well, it would only take a few things for me to consider buying nVidia again........ And since DC implies -well, complains vehemontly - I say what those things are all the time I guess I don't need to say them. :twisted:

9. Evildeus

Veteran

Well, i don't need a new VC, my GF4ti is enough for my purpose. But i'm still interested in this market, so looking at the competition between Ati and Nv is not bad. Ati has sur the best products around here. Nv has been forced to send out a 5900 XT. Not bad also. Now i'm waiting on the R420/NV40 debates, to see what's going on :)