R300/paper-launch

I think the following quote is indicative of what we will end up seeing this week...

I'm going to keep this short as there's a ton of writing to do before this week is over with.

You could argue that the "ton of writing" has to do with an actual review; however, paper launches usually contain the bulk of information about a 3D chip, and are usually 10+ pages in length (in Tom's case, more like 20+).

So, it would appear that we won't see actual board reviews this week...

All speculation, of course.

I think it's highly likely that it's a paper launch, although I don't really agree with your reasoning (that quote would also apply if there were real benchmarks included, since he'd still have to write about all the features).

Even so, it's been fairly quiet regarding R300 reviews. No one has really let anything slip to indicate we'll be seeing numbers any time soon, so I think we probably won't for at least a few more weeks.

Damn this to hell!!! o_O

Its already 17 hours into the 17th of July, yet no info on the R300!

Wish you Americans would catch up the rest of us down under ;)

Fuz said:
Damn this to hell!!! o_O

Its already 17 hours into the 17th of July, yet no info on the R300!

Wish you Americans would catch up the rest of us down under ;)

What say you? There are actually other countries in the world besides the USA? :p

Geeforcer said:
What say you? There are actually other countries in the world besides the USA? :p

What is this USA-thingy you're talking about? Useless Software Agency? I think that is what the rest of us calls Micro$oft... :p

Please don't hurt the feelings of the fine people of Canada just before their finest hour, young man! :p

damn right Fuz i'm from OZ as well and i'm getting very impatient for time to roll by!!!!!!godamn....y don't they synch the bloody international time

phynicle said:
damn right Fuz i'm from OZ as well and i'm getting very impatient for time to roll by!!!!!!godamn....y don't they synch the bloody international time

Don't you just hate it, we are punished just because we are far ahead of the rest of the world! ;)

What part of Oz you from anyway, mate?

Surely the craziest thing of all for Australians is that if were to cross the Pacific you would reach America yesterday! :eek:

"The Markham, Ontario-based company on Thursday will unveil the details of the Radeon 9700, a desktop graphics chip based on a new architecture that will provide greater realism when it comes to 3D images, according to sources.

found that in cnet

Phynicle, I am from Sydney also, Glebe to be exact.

Actually I read recently that the R300 would be anounced on the 17th in UK, and 18th internationally. Then again, I have read a lot of crap recently too.

hahaha hey i'm from campsie...near bankstwon if your not sure....same here i read alot of crap too...surprise how most of them turn out to be true but not really in the form as rumored to be

phynicle said:
hahaha hey i'm from campsie...near bankstwon if your not sure

Hahaha.... been in sydney city area for about 20 years, I am pretty sure I know where Campsie is ;)

Good to meet you mate :D

If what we have been reading is to be believed, we should see the R300 launch any hour now! Just wish they would hurry up, need to be in bed soon, damn it!!!

Didn't that graphic say 7/17 and 7/18? This suggests the NDA won't expire until after midnight for you folks.

Back