r250 and rv250

I remember seeing on last years roadmap around the r8500 release that ATi are releasing a high end r250 and a value rv250 part before the r300. Whatever happened to these and what do we know about them?

Also DX9 seems to be a while off completion so I can't see an r300 in the near future. Could it be that the hype on ATi's website is about the r250?

king_iron_fist said:
I remember seeing on last years roadmap around the r8500 release that ATi are releasing a high end r250 and a value rv250 part before the r300. Whatever happened to these and what do we know about them?

Also DX9 seems to be a while off completion so I can't see an r300 in the near future. Could it be that the hype on ATi's website is about the r250?

Could very well be the case really. Who knows though, ATI wants the R300 out and rocking ASAP but we may very well be being juiced up for a dual launch/anouncement. Getting very excited (being a geek and all ;) ) about what is comming from ATI in the near future.

There is no "R250". If there is, then it was developed without the knowlede of employees at ATi, which to me sounds slightly impossible. :D

Variations on RV250, however, are another matter. :)

Mufu.

Back