R.I.P ChrisRay - 1983-2010

My condoleances. I didn't know the man, but he sounds like a good person and it's sad when they go so young.

It's a nice gesture of Nvidia to write about him even though he apparantly didn't actually work for them. I guess that means he really did do a good job, hopefully someone else will feel a calling and take up the fallen mantle.

Wow, what a shame and what a shock! Rest in peace. :(

A total shocker indeed, he will be deeply missed by many. Was looking forward to his Fermi benching review.

Wow, that's really sad. Just exchanged PM's with Chris a few weeks ago so it's crazy that now he's just gone. He was a genuine graphics enthusiast and seemed like an honest and all around nice guy. The community is really worse off without him. :(

And he was so looking forward to Fermi, keeping the secrets all this time was driving him crazy and now he'll never get the chance to freely talk about it. Life really is fragile, geez.

I liked Chris. I would just echo Trini's statements so I won't say much.

I am shocked though. Only 27. It seriously brought some tears to my eyes. He was always so civil to everyone, even those that had a passionate disagreement. I'll miss his contributions. It is amazing someone can die from something like that so young.

I'd heard Chris died days ago (didn't want to post about it since I heard NV was working on a memorial/webpage), and I knew he was young, in his 20s, but reading 1983-2010 really brought that home. I graduated high school in 1983, started college in 1983, and now the poor guy is gone. What an absolute shame.

Very tragic! :(

Hes not that much older than me! As soon as I can gain access to my friends Pay Pal im going to donate to the memorial fund because I know personally as a carer myself what the impact of such a loss can have on a dependent person.

He'll be missed. Noone worked more on behalf of Nvidia's users to communicate their needs and desires than he did. Whether I agreed with him or not, I always respected him for trying to do right by people.

Still shocking to think of it. And to pneumonia of all things.

Regards,
SB

This is very sad. 27 is no age to die for a nice person like Chris.

My condolences to his friends and family.

Brought a tear to my eye too if I am honest, quite shocked.

I guess he's at rainbow bridge now, but instead of a dog to meet him he'll have lots of old nvidia cards that had gone to silicon heaven ready to be used again. He's probably playing network Doom2 on a TnT2 Ultra as we speak.

All the best mate.

Back