Quick, call Child Protective Services!

Sounds like that person has a hellion on their hands. Hmmm. Maybe they should have actually begun disciplining their child on a regular basis before it came to this. :LOL:

The punishment should fit the crime. The kid is obviously (per the story) running a bit rampant. He should learn the cost of his actions. Heck, he should get a paper job and buy another PS2. Maybe then he'd appreciate the value of a dollar (or 177 of them!)

The kid got off lightly... he is 13.. invites his friends over.. drinks his dads cheap and expensive alcohol and what seems to me, purposely, breaks his dads stuff.

Dad got a wake up call methinks.

I think someone just wanted to quickly get rid of an unreliable PS2 and made up this dramatic story to get higher bids and quick sales. :p

Aye. Kids these days know all about rights and nothing about responsibilites and the consequences of their actions.

Frankly i'd have sold everything BUT his PS2. Like, i'd have sold the controllers, the electrical cable, the AV cable. And i'd have put the PS2 somewhere as a sort of trophy.... HEHEHEHE I can be so cruel...

Well it seems to be pretty apt. The kid showed no regard or respect for someone else's property, and now he knows what it feels like when someone treats his property (bought by his parents no doubt) in the same way.

I just don't like the way the parents seem to be punishing their child almost vindictively, there's no need to take it all public and get all personal.

If they were serious about wanting to focus punishing the child they'd have simply took the PS2 away, I guess I just don't get the juvenille way the parents seem to be rubbing their kids nose in their authority over him and they seem to be humiliating him just a tad too much for my liking. :(

I dunno, maybe I'm just being a little to judgemental and applying my own standards to someone else....but I actually take raising/disciplining my kids pretty seriously and give it a lot of thought.

Hey, it's my job!

linthat22 said:
rainz said:
Cant beleive it .. What kind of family is that :oops:

RainZ

Unforthunately, an American one. Oh well, they both got what they deserved, assholes!!!

Bad parents=bad kids

There are cases where
Bad parents != bad kids && good parents == bad kids

K.I.L.E.R said:
There are cases where

yes but they're not so common, the first one can happen quite a bit but the latter is pretty rare.

I have to agree with dig on this. Points to bad parenting imo.

Well it seems to be pretty apt. The kid showed no regard or respect for someone else's property, and now he knows what it feels like when someone treats his property (bought by his parents no doubt) in the same way.

Yes but it should never have gone this far. the kid is 13, he should already have respect and regard for others property.

Bambers said:
K.I.L.E.R said:
There are cases where

yes but they're not so common, the first one can happen quite a bit but the latter is pretty rare.

I have to agree with dig on this. Points to bad parenting imo.

Yes but it should never have gone this far. the kid is 13, he should already have respect and regard for others property.

If only things could be so easy... We'd be living in Pleasantville.

Back