Question about PS3 game sharing

My sister bought some PS3 games (Singstar and Karaoke Revolution) before she bought a PS3, so she played them on mine. She downloaded some songs on my PS3 and just recently bought a PS3 for herself. Can she just log into my account and download the songs onto her PS3? and if so, if she created her own PSN account, will she still be able to play these downloaded songs if shes logged into her own account? Will there be any potential problems doing this?

Yes, that'll work fine AFAIK. I don't know for certain that SingStar songs can be shared, but Guitar Hero tracks can. If she downloads the content bought on your account to her PS3, it'll count as one of your 5 PS3 consoles.

sorry for interfering but I didnt want to make a whole new thread for such a simple question. I have been trying to access the Playstation Store from my PC and I dont seem to be able to find it anymore. Where the hell is it?

Are you using a browser? If you are, it's no longer accessible via browser, you have to use the PSP media manager client to access it now (from a PC that is).

Are you using a browser? If you are, it's no longer accessible via browser, you have to use the PSP media manager client to access it now (from a PC that is).

Yes I am using a browser. I didnt know I cant access it anymore from my PC

I wish they didnt force me to use the manager

That's a shame. I guess its probably less surprising than the fact GH songs could be shared! Is there any way to get the content transfered rather than shared? If you phoned Sony with an explanation it was your sister buying on your account, maybe they can work something out? Otherwise...well, at least you'll rack up them SingStar trophies ;)

Actually, she can't use your account without interfering with you using your account at the same time, so you'd really want to get the content working with her account. We found that if my mate was logged into PSN, and then I logged onto his account on my PSN, he was logged out. Not good if you're in the middle of some multiplayer game.

I'll see if she wants to go through all that trouble. I don't think she bought that many SingStar songs (she bought Karaoke Revolution first so she has more songs for that game) so she'll probably just re-purchase them. She got such a good deal on her PS3, I'm sure she won't mind too much.

Contacted Sony via e-mail and unfortunately, it seems like they aren't going to do anything about it. :mad:

I have just replied saying that this will be the last SingStar title we will ever purchase if they don't do anything about it. So if your PS3 ever bricks and you've purchased SingStar songs, consider yourself screwed.

Just want to let you guys know of my poor experience so far and my hate for DRM.

Back