Qualcomm Snapdragon g3x gaming platform

The problem is the only ones making good gaming content for the ARM architecture are doing it for Nintendo exclusively.
All that Android gets are raid shadow legends and ports of 15-20 year old PC games.

They could make the best hardware ever and it would still be useless.

Qualcomm are exploring a Switch type device. Thick like the Switch that'll give it a thermal advantage Vs phones.

It's not really clear if this is something Qualcomm will pursue themselves or offer as a template to OEMs (as they do with phones and XR kit). Or just look at it and shelve it.

It'd be a great Gamepass device if the controllers and screen are up to snuff!

https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/...-an-android-powered-nintendo-switch-knockoff/
Just need a fan and some 5nm tech and it could be a good emulation machine

The problem is the only ones making good gaming content for the ARM architecture are doing it for Nintendo exclusively.
All that Android gets are raid shadow legends and ports of 15-20 year old PC games.

They could make the best hardware ever and it would still be useless.
emulation , ports from switch at higher quality ? Qualcom also has money so they could pay from some ports.

You don't need qualcomm to make good emulation machines, nor do I think that company would invest and associate their brand to niche-market products whose legality is very questionable.

I'm sure there's a place for a device like this. We already see Android gaming phones. I assume there are people who take Android games seriously enough to purchase these expensive and ugly phones. A Switch like form factor is just the next step.

I occasionally watch the Tech Tablets guy on Youtube testing tablets with various games that somebody must play. PUBG and some racers for example.

I feel like the ship has sailed though. Various manufacturers tried gaming tablets and they went nowhere. NVidia in particular was very determined to develop that scene.

Last edited:
You don't need qualcomm to make good emulation machines, nor do I think that company would invest and associate their brand to niche-market products whose legality is very questionable.

Its not them investing in it , but a side effect of such a device unless they find a way to lock it down completely.

I'm sure there's a place for a device like this. We already see Android gaming phones. I assume there are people who take Android games seriously enough to purchase these expensive and ugly phones. A Switch like form factor is just the next step.

I look at it this way. I have a phone but it has a finite amount of power. The battery has a finite amount of charges. Phones are not designed for gaming they heat up quickly and have almost no cooling capability which just kills the battery even soon. Add to that cases on the phone making the heat even worse. I rather invest a few hundred into a portable gaming unit. I mean the switch is $200-$300 and the AYA Neo is $700 vs shortening the length of my phone's life. I save my phones battery life in two ways + i get a device way better suited to gaming. Sure I can't always carry 2 devices on me for these purposes. But A switch sized portable device isn't a really a nuisance when i'm commuting to work since I have a messenger bag. Younger kids like my 12 year old nephew has his school bag.

I occasionally watch the Tech Tablets guy on Youtube testing tablets with various games that somebody must play. PUBG and some racers for example.

I feel like the ship has sailed though. Various manufacturers tried gaming tablets and they went nowhere. NVidia in particular was very determined to develop that scene.

Maybe but I doubt it. I think with phones increasing in price and the lack of two year contracts in the united states and other parts of the year giving you a free phone (built into the contract) is making people keep phones longer . I think the switch proves there is a place for these things. I watch ETA prime and there are lots of cool small company products but none of them are done that well. Even stuff like the AYA can be better designed

that looks like something from the 90's. i wonder why.

the sticks and buttons looks like dorectlu lifted off xbox

The Snapdragon X Elite features a 4nm 12-core Qualcomm Oryon CPU, clocked at up to 3.8GHz with up to 4.3GHz dual-core boost speeds. It also features the new Qualcomm Adreno GPU, offering up to 4.6TFLOPS of graphics performance and support for 4K/120Hz displays, multiple 4K or 5K displays, HDR and upgradeable drivers.

Qualcomm is also working on its own Frame Motion Engine, enabling higher frame rates using AI to generate additional frames, similarly to DLSS 3 or FSR 3.

Another keen focus is the NPU, the Neural Processing Unit is designed to accelerate AI workloads, capable of running generative AI LLM models with over 13 billion parameters on-device. This will enable AI developers to work more efficiently, without needing to go through the cloud to access super computers.

6d007cef-le-processeur-snapdragon-x-elite-de-qualcomm-va-rebattre-les-cartes-sur-pc-portables.webp

I really hope Qualcomm is successful. I personally think ARM SOCs are the future for Windows laptops. I'm tired of having 2 hours battery life when doing anything remotely demanding.

All it needs is the software and a good emulation layer.

I really hope Qualcomm is successful. I personally think ARM SOCs are the future for Windows laptops. I'm tired of having 2 hours battery life when doing anything remotely demanding.

All it needs is the software and a good emulation layer.
Power usage is power usage.

It doesn't matter if it is x86 based or ARM based if the sustained load is 50 Watt. You are only allowed to cram 100Wh batteries into portable electronics. That is 2 hours worth of run time on battery either way.

The problem with x86 is that all the uncore stuff uses a lot more power at idle compared to ARM so it will have much worse battery life overall.

Back