Qualcomm Snapdragon g3x gaming platform

Hmm, strange. Pretty sure I saw it specifically mentioned in some official materials, have to dig when I have the time.
They do list DirectX 12 on the specs but that's it on quick glance on phone late in night shift.
Edit: also it would be 2 gens old, they have 2 gens of RT on mobile SoC

Hmm, strange. Pretty sure I saw it specifically mentioned in some official materials, have to dig when I have the time.
They do list DirectX 12 on the specs but that's it on quick glance on phone late in night shift.
Of course is the whole affair strange. Notebookcheck mentions DirectX 12 FL 11.1, which is DX12 support but only feature level 11.1 if true.

Of course is the whole affair strange. Notebookcheck mentions DirectX 12 FL 11.1, which is DX12 support but only feature level 11.1 if true.
Tom's hardware also states that the GPU does not support RT in this french article
So yeah, it seems this SoC is equipped with a 2 gens old GPU. It may sound weird, but at the same time, this GPU seems in line with M2 and 780M, so job done.
I guess they keep the newer gens for upcoming SoC as free "innovation" for the next few years. Why give everything now when you can entice customers with more powerful GPUs for the next few years?

Tom's hardware also states that the GPU does not support RT in this french article
So yeah, it seems this SoC is equipped with a 2 gens old GPU. It may sound weird, but at the same time, this GPU seems in line with M2 and 780M, so job done.
I guess they keep the newer gens for upcoming SoC as free "innovation" for the next few years. Why give everything now when you can entice customers with more powerful GPUs for the next few years?

Considering QCOM's smartphone ULP SoCs GPUs are >DX11 for generations now and they already have there RT support in hw, it doesn't make sense from any marketing POV. In fact it's what I'd call a marketing oxymoron, since DX12 was a "necessity" for the past few years now under Android, but not for a future low end PC and or laptop?

Considering QCOM's smartphone ULP SoCs GPUs are >DX11 for generations now and they already have there RT support in hw, it doesn't make sense from any marketing POV. In fact it's what I'd call a marketing oxymoron, since DX12 was a "necessity" for the past few years now under Android, but not for a future low end PC and or laptop?
That's a weird case for sure. I guess we'll have to wait a bit more till the thing can be properly reviewed.
Maybe we have incorrect informations, maybe the drivers are not ready, maybe it's some hybrid GPU and is still very modern but lacks some parts, maybe it's not marketing but some technical limitations or aggressive roadmap issue (which could fit the marketing cause). Still, a situation where you artificially throttle down your products so you're guarantee to have smth better to offer the next year sound very marketing to me.

I read somewhere that windows 11 will mandate ~45-50Tops "NPU" to enable their AI stuff. This may mean there is little incentive to go beyond if the OS won't use the additional possibilities.
So in 2025, surely they won't offer much improved CPUs (given how good Oryon are, I guess we'll only get minor incremental updates), AI may stagnate for some time (because of windows). This leaves you with GPU improvements to impress customers.
Well, I stopped trying to understand marketing a long time ago, so it's likely just me being pessimistic here.

Back