Qualcomm purchases Broadcom

Isn't there a law in the States agains blattant, factually wrong journalism? Something like 'criminal sloppiness/terminal disinformaton'? Imagine I was a journalist who was commonly referring to the president as O'Harra, instead of Obama - would that pass?

Isn't there a law in the States agains blattant, factually wrong journalism? Something like 'criminal sloppiness/terminal disinformaton'?
Only if you were trying to deliberately slander/defame, or affect stock rates or such I believe...

Anyway, didn't one of the top execs of Broadcom get his ass slung in the slammer last year after getting caught with hookers and blow, or somesuch? :LOL: I seem to remember reading something like that in the news...

Only if you were trying to deliberately slander/defame, or affect stock rates or such I believe...

Anyway, didn't one of the top execs of Broadcom get his ass slung in the slammer last year after getting caught with hookers and blow, or somesuch? :LOL: I seem to remember reading something like that in the news...

Yup the CEO of Broadcum

Talking of Broadcom (this is a very random thread, perfect for this random thing I suppose!) they've just acquired Innovision, a UK IP provider for NFC (Near Field Communications). This is a crazy aggressive move; it's a very small company, but to put it in perspective it's exactly as if Intel or Apple announced they were buying Imaginations tommorow - that's no exaggeration.

I can imagine execs at the likes of Texas Instruments and CSR must be having a lot of very fun meetings today! Heck, even NXP (which was the lead innovator early on) became a licensee for one of their cores in 2009. Given that Broadcom was certainly a licensee and licensing agreements with their competitors will have to be fulfilled, I wonder what exactly Broadcom hopes they can gain from this besides an extremely long-term R&D advantage (which seems pointless today but might be very valuable when NFC starts getting integrated directly into baseband chips).

Back