Quake 4 Weapons Videos & MP footage.

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by D3v0ur3r, Sep 1, 2005.

1. D3v0ur3r

Regular

These vids are playing CTF. Q4 Weapons Vid.

Also for those that missed it. Here his the link to the MP footage. A while back the SP footage was being passed around as the MP footage. Q4 MP vid3. Q4 MP 2 Vids. Q4 all Vids.

2. silence

Regular

i just hope it aint Doom3 + few extras.....

(and no, i didnt watch those movies)

3. D3v0ur3r

Regular

Maybe you should.

4. Jimmers

Newcomer

Cool. Their direct download area seems swamped at the moment, but I saw the earlier vids and and still look awsome. I'll definately be getting it (pending linux binaries).

5. silence

Regular

and get all hyped like for Domm3? no way.... lets wait and see... no game ever will get me by some selected and scriptted gameplay that was taken out of context of the game just so i would go and spend my cash on it as soon it hits the store....

no way.... i'll rather test it... and if its worth my money, they might get it.... but with all the hype lately, they better deliver.... or there are other delivery systems....

simple as that.

6. D3v0ur3r

Regular

Eh? This isn't hype or "selected and scriptted gameplay". This is simple "real" pure game play footage. It some Joe holding a videocam watching someome play Q4. Its that simple. If you liked Q3 MP then you should like Q4 MP since its supposed to be almost exactly the same other then the GFX. & from the gameplay footage it looks to be Q3 MP revisted. Has nothing to do with D3 or the stigma of the D3 engine. The Q4 SP "might" be a good argument about the D3 engine but the Q4 MP doesn't look to be at all. But if it makes you feel secure to bury your head in the sand when it comes to D3 engine games that's fine with me. Just try to refrain from posting when you don't know what's going on.

#6 D3v0ur3r, Sep 1, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2005
  7. silence

Regular

sorry to burst your bubble.... but did you make those videos?
    and what level did that guy play?
    what was setting on AI?
    and so on.....

:wink:

8. D3v0ur3r

Regular

#1. No.
    #2. How would I know. The game isn't out yet. & who said every vid was with the same guy playing?
    #3. It was MP footage from Quakecon..... I really doubt it was with bots considering it was stated on the QC site that there was a Q4 MP section to try out the game..

You're not bursting anything as you don't seem to have any idea what your talking about. If you don't want to look at the vids that's fine. But I can't see a reason for you to flaunt your ignorance of the MP aspect of Q4 though.

9. madmossy

Newcomer

The level looks like an exact replica of Q3Tourney6 from Q3 single player, where you fight Zaero.

10. D3v0ur3r

Regular

I thought the same thing. Although its bigger & a CTF map. Dunno if there was a Q3 CTF map like this as I never got into CTF.