Pyramid3D prototype: anyone got it?

Discussion in '3D Hardware, Software & Output Devices' started by Simon82, Jun 25, 2008.

1. joekster

Newcomer

Yeah, I'm unable to PM for the moment - I guess the forum wants me to post some more... If anyone wants to email me, my address is joek_fla (a/t) yahoo.com. I sent some pics from my cell to timber, I'll post them here. My board looks like the one he has. Although, I think mine is a little older, and may have a bit more rework on the pcb. My CD is rev 1.1 / ISV - I assume this means independant software vendor.

2. CarstenS

Veteran Subscriber

Damn. :) ICQ me, mail me, whatever!

3. [EOCF] Tim

Newcomer

Hey Carsten, how are you? :smile:

Seriously, if it's the same board as mine, I'd be very happy if the board ended up in your collection! I might still offer some money for it, but I'm not going to be difficult to you, I will not be greedy. :wink:

ps. I don't have bachelor graphics card buying power anymore anyway. :happy2:

4. Davros

Legend

I wonder if his cd has later drivers on then the ones you have ?

5. [EOCF] Tim

Newcomer

As requested by Joe, he couldn't post a pic. :

My board doesn't have any rev levels marked... There is a date silked-screened next to the tritech logo and bitboys oy: 4.22.1997. The date is interesting because its in the mm.dd.yyyy format -i think only the us uses this date format... There is also hand-written on the back bb146. I'm assuming this is the 146th card made???

You can email me (him) on joek_fla[at]yahoo.com (replace [at] with @)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. CarstenS

Veteran Subscriber

Hey Tim, Joe!

This thread seems like the place to be in these days for serious collectors. :)

Tim - looks like you'll soon have to update your page! :) I am still working on mine to get my photos online in a fairly decent manner. I know the card will be in good hands when Joe agrees to give/sell it to you. I cannot spend endless sums either - my girl's gonna kill me.

Joe - if, for some reason, Tim does not want the card, feel free to contact me at cs [art] pcgameshardware.de :) As I've said, I wont be able to spend fortunes, just so you know beforehand :)

7. [EOCF] Tim

Newcomer

Without delving into specifics, I'm out already. :eek:

ps. if you need any tips on photography (don't know if you know anything about it) I can steer you in the right direction I guess. Not an expert myself, but know one or two things.

ps. ps. I've got so many cards I need to update the website with, but so little time.

8. Laa-Yosh

Laa-Yosh I can has custom title?
    Legend Subscriber

Holy crap I'm getting old. Can't even remember when this was supposed to be the big killer thing, not to mention any specs. It was to have EDRAM though, right?

9. Davros

Legend

wadnt it the glaze with the edram ?
    It was as far as directX was concerned it was a dx6 chip allthough it did a lot more than the dx 6 spec

glaze3d
    [​IMG]

ps: what happened to simon82 I expected him to be here offering his soul for the card (he's not dead is he :D)

10. Kaotik

Kaotik Drunk Member
    Legend

Actually that card is Avalanche / Axe, the next from Glaze3D, but features eDRAM too.
    Glaze3D chips were never made AFAIK.

edit:
    The Avalanche / Axe is/was DX8 capable IIRC

11. Davros

Legend

what is that daughter board thing on it looks to be a philips logo on it tv-tuner ?

12. Kaotik

Kaotik Drunk Member
    Legend

AFAIK just TV-Out, possibly -In too, not a tuner.