PVRTC2

Busy can be a good thing.

I want to see some updated comparisons of quality among the different texture compression algorithms. The old page and any mirror of it also seems long gone.

If the 2bpp method retains even more quality of a source than before, a lot of devs are going to be even happier! The update is coming right in time to help devs manage the insane standards set by the new iPad's display resolution.

If the 2bpp method retains even more quality of a source than before, a lot of devs are going to be even happier! The update is coming right in time to help devs manage the insane standards set by the new iPad's display resolution.
Do you think PVRTC2 is already in iOS 5.1?

Does the PSNR also reflect much of the improved quality of PVRTC2 or is it best reflected in visual observation?

On another note, hopefully HTC and their lawyers learned a lesson last time.

We can expect though a relevant whitepaper about PVRTC2 in a reasonable amount of time?
A proper published paper? Unlikely given time constraints. I suspect the publications department might reformat one of the internal ones.

Does the PSNR also reflect much of the improved quality of PVRTC2 or is it best reflected in visual observation?
Yes the PSNR does improve. To be honest, PSNR (or equivalently RMSE) is not really a good measure but until I find something that is better, I suppose it'll have to do.
On another note, hopefully HTC and their lawyers learned a lesson last time.
No comment.

Are there any Android devices running PowerVR? There have been a lot of complaints from the Linux community regarding the available drivers, has that situation improved?

Are there any Android devices running PowerVR? There have been a lot of complaints from the Linux community regarding the available drivers, has that situation improved?

A lot of them.... Imagination tech. guys are kings in the mobile market right now.

All Hail PowerVR :mad:

Angry birds runs fine on my Galaxy Nexus. :p

Nice joke!

Welcome back home at earth after your 10 year long transpluto space mission.

PVRTC2 looks very nice

PVRTC looks like jpg@ 40 (unusable for esp HUD stuff etc) PVRTC2 is like jpg@90
So what old IOS hardwares going to support it?

also related is there a photoshop plugin for PVR for the mac?

Back