PureVideo Problems - Driver Related

Discussion in '3D Hardware, Software & Output Devices' started by JaylumX, Aug 15, 2006.

1. JaylumX

Newcomer

I use my machine as a HTPC. My system specs in sig. I have noticed that deinterlacing of video is fubared. Currently i am using the 84.21 forceware drivers as that lessens the problem, but it is still there. An example is in Ghost in the shell SAC Second Gig DVD. There is stutterng in the intro sequence of each episode, especially when text comes on screen. I check the Nvidia panel and everytime text comes, it switches to video mode and then back to film. It also occurs at random points in each episodes but also in that Tachkoma Specials. I always use Smart mode in overlay. VMR9 doesn't resolve the problem nor does switching to Automatic (though that does resolve the stuttering, deinterlacing does not work).

When i use the Forceware 84.56 and 90 series of driver, there is no stuttering but those areas that would normally stutter in the 80 series bar 84.56 would be combed (not deinterlaced) switching to auto does not resolve the problem.

Now this issue occurs in every DVD decoder problem i use - WinDVD, PowerDVD (Using Hardware Deinterlacing Weave resolves everything but the image quality is inferior IMHO), Neroshowtime so there must be a problem somewhere. I must add that even in HD and other DVD a few comb frames would pull through.

Any ideas on a solution. I have reinstalled Windows, problems is still there.

Thank you

System Specs

ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe MB ~ A64 4000+ @ 2.6|1GB DDR OCZ Ram @ 2.5-3-3-11|Gigabyte Geforce 7800GTX 256MB @ stock|Creative Soundblaster Audigy2 ZS|Philips DVDRW+228 Writer/Pioneer DVDRW16x Dual Layer Writer|2x120GB Seagate Barracuda SATA HD @ RAID|Antec Super Lanboy Case|Enermax 600w PSU|VideoSe7en LTV27CH 27" High-Def HDTV Via DVI

2. _xxx_

Banned

Are you sure it's got nothing to do with the TV? These have some picture enhancement algorithms running, might be the reason. Just an idea.

3. JaylumX

Newcomer

Picture enhancements are disabled when PC is connected to TV via DVI.

4. JaylumX

Newcomer

I don't believe i am on Beyond3D the supposed be all and end all of computer hardware "minds" yet no one has anything remotely resembling a solution.

(Taps glass impatiently) - Hello.....Is there anybody there......hello - (Taps again louder)

5. AlexV

AlexV Heteroscedasticitate
    Moderator Veteran

I think nV is a better target then B3D for this particular enquiry...you should also signal it to them. And this is not a rude reply, it`s merely a suggestion.

6. Sunrise

Regular

Did you double-check the DVD on a standalone ?

If every player you tested has this "problem" then either it´s driver related and/or DVD (content) related. Try to check if a standalone has the same problems you mentioned and if not, write to NV directly for their support. These are the steps i would take, so they´re basically the only suggestions i can give you right now.

7. JaylumX

Newcomer

I have only had my LCDTV for two weeks. Before that i had a 17" CRT monitor and the problem was there bigtime. Getting the LCDTV and using it as a HTPC has made me want to have the issue resolved.

8. Sunrise

Regular

So, basically, you only had experience with both screens using software-based codecs (like WinDVD, PowerDVD and so on) an a PC (HTPC) and this "problem" was there since the very beginning, on both screens?

Like already suggested, try a standalone and if you happen to have a friend or know a store where you can borrow one, do it ASAP. You could rule out those issues pretty easily, but you need to experiment a little more with hardware that is not PC-based. If a standalone handles the de-interlacing correctly (without any issues on your current LCDTV), then this is almost certainly a driver and/or software-issue related to the decoding-process itself.

That´s really all i can give you know, hopefully you can resolve it.

9. INKster

Veteran

Have you tried the new 91.36 WHQL official driver yet ?
    It explicitly states improvments in the Purevideo department, so they say at least:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1470 (also at www.nvidia.com)