PSU.com Launches User Driven PS3 Themes Section

Today PSU.com launched their very own PS3 themes section. For all the PlayStation 3 owners out there, here can be your one central source for the latest PS3 themes.

Currently the design is basic. The themes can be uploaded by the users through this link. Requirements are as follows:

- Must have a title
- Description
- Preview Image

Over the next few days, PSU.com will be adding new additions and upgrades to the PS3 themes section such as "Credit to original author", " ability to add multiple screenshots of theme", and a "rating system". If you want to know how to create your own themes, you can read up on it here.

Here are links to the Themes:

PS3 Themes

Upload a theme

Sony are really moving this Game 3.0 concept into high gear!

I love the fact that PS3 supports custom themes & it's just awesome seeing them in action on my bro's PS3 at home..

Ifg only MS would consider doing something similar instead of nickle & diming us for every single bit of content available on Live.. :cry:

Are we talking about custom wallpapers or custom everything?
And if so, how can you make custon xmb buttons?

Custom papers and buttons. The buttons are smaller pictures, pngs to be precise, so you can create them with any suitable graphics app including alpha transparency.

There is an application available that can aid in making your theme distributable. I don't have a link at present but I believe there is one somewhere on the playstation blog.

This was one of those things that made me think "theme my PS3 desktop? this thing really doesn't interest me, I'm not even going to waste my time with this".
Yesterday, I decided to give it a try and downloaded some themes and tried them out.
Wow. This is fun after all! Another plus for the PS3...

Wow, the psu.com website is starting to get a lot of themes already! This thing seems to be taking off in a lot bigger way than I expected. Nice.

Back