PSP versus iPod: What's better for video?

well i just got a 30gig ipod video . Its sweet , very light and skinny and the screen is good but small .

At 400$ its expensive. But it is 400$ for 30 gigs of entertainment. The psp would be 250$ plus about 80$ per gig of storage .

You can go with umd movies but of course its one movie per 20$

So i would def use my ipod for video over longer trips than a psp . But the psp is great for short trips as a couple umds got u covered with the bigger screen .

I have to agree with what that comparison has to say about the PSP screen: It's really very beautiful. Well, if you get one without dead or stuck pixels at least ;)

pure for video, i would say the psp.
i have a nice 2gig stick with my psp and i only use that for watching movies.

I love the new video ipod, but while 30 gigs of h264 video sounds nice, its very limited battery life gives the psp a slight edge, imho. Also the lack of fast forward / reverse is quite anoying...

cloudscapes said:
Video quality over storage (short trips): PSP

Storage over video quality (long trips): iPod

That's kind of the funny/sad irony.

The PSP doesn't have much storage capacity for longer trips but it has the longer lasting battery.

The iPod is the opposite.

Probably easier to charge the iPod than get extra storage for the PSP though.

Ty said:
That's kind of the funny/sad irony.

The PSP doesn't have much storage capacity for longer trips but it has the longer lasting battery.

The iPod is the opposite.

Probably easier to charge the iPod than get extra storage for the PSP though.

Yea , there is an add on battery that costs i believe 45$ and its twice the thickness of the new ipod but its also double the battery life of the orignal battery, so you get about 3 times the battery life .

Kinda sucks since it affects the size but its still smaller and the battery life is better , if i was going on a trip (and i am ) i would pick that up (and i'm going too)

Psp is def great for on the go and the gaming ability is great .

Luckly sam and I are bringing our ipods , psps and ds's

Video on the iPod is a bonus and nothing more. It's slow, it chews the battery majorly, the screen kind of sucks - video on the PSP is many, many times better. Still, very handy at times; I almost always have my iPod with me but not my PSP, and with PSP I have to worry about what to put on there.

i'm still waiting for the ultimate portable mediaplayer.
i already saw portable dvdplayers with 9' screen and SD /mmc slots with divx support.
now only the price drop and i'm set...

Back