PSP v1.5 firmware loader

hey69

i have a monster
Veteran
PsP-Dev_Launcher.jpg

Yeah read about that yesterday and almost instantly ordered a PSP :) Very good news indeed. Homebrew-wise naturally ...

Apparently it doesn't work with 1.51 and 1.52 yet. Any idea how widespread they are in the models currently at the stores?

I think you have to do a network update or software update (manually, basically), to get 1.51 or 1.52. PSP's are still shipping with 1.50, as far as I know.

well if you can find a store who has one with spiderman included , than it is guaranteed a v1.5 i presume

i dont know if it ever will (or in a short time) be usuable on v1.52+ . since sony corrected even more backdoors and such..

thank god i have a v1.0 :)

in the meantime v1.2.4 of RIN (the gameboy/color) emu has been released with cpu clock speed changing support

I believe there still being shipped with v1.5 but I wouldn't go out and buy one for this loader (they may have started shipping with v1.51 and 1.52). It seems those revisions where in response to this crack that was found.

I have v1.5 :devilish:

Phil said:
I don't have a PSP at all yet! :devilish: (Guess which market I'm from...)

that didnt stop me :)

digi: with loader they mean a litle executable that allows you to boot unsigned code like all those emulators and tools available since a while.
so basicly it allows you to do what a standart v1.0 psp can do
that doesnt mean that it will boot off a psp game isos.

hey69 said:
digi: with loader they mean a litle executable that allows you to boot unsigned code like all those emulators and tools available since a while.
Ah, thanks....I think I'll PM you an additional question then. ;)

digitalwanderer said:
hey69 said:
Ah, thanks....I think I'll PM you an additional question then. ;)

I heard that the Program itself is going to be released Wednesday, I wonder what can be done right of the bat.....

PS:...DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR FIRMWARE :devilish:

BlueTsunami said:
I sort of got that, but thanks.

I have to manually update it, right? It can't just sneaky try and update itself somehow, can it?

EDITED BITS: Just got the PSP and I'm seeing a happy looking "System Software Version 1.50" 8)

digitalwanderer said:
BlueTsunami said:
I sort of got that, but thanks.

I have to manually update it, right? It can't just sneaky try and update itself somehow, can it?

EDITED BITS: Just got the PSP and I'm seeing a happy looking "System Software Version 1.50" 8)

Have a WONDERFUL time with it (cradles his PSP). What you said may happen in the future.

Heres some ways Sony may force a higher firmware version upon your PSP

~*Cues Dream Wavy Sequence*~

Playing some Online games with your friends on your PSP...then you start to notice that your game is being abnormally laggy....you freak..you've heard about random firmware updates when your connected Online...you don't dare to turn off the PSP..because god knows what happens when you interupt a firmware update :devilish: ....you exit the game....check your system properties with sweaty palms.....and you see it.....your PSP is now version.......1.78 (This is the future here.....so the firmware is that high :LOL: )......

My creative juices got spent on the that story....so I'll just be blunt with this scenario...

Forced Firmware update through New Games, be it secretly or not. Some of the newer PSP games that are coming out are requiring you to update your firmware to a higher one. You actually get this message that states Your firmware version is version X.XX you must update to X.YY to be able to play this game.....

tricky Sony...very very tricky.....

So watch out, Soon enough where going to be spammed by Sony to update our Firmware when we get that webbrowser :LOL: ......

Dang it, where are the links to some of these loaders? :?

EDITED BITS: http://www.psp-hacks.com/

We are fast approaching the release date of PSP Launcher and there are a few little tidbits to report on. The official PSP-Dev Team homepage has been taken down due to server load and replaced with a counter, counting down the time left until the June 15th 15:00 GMT +2 release date (Wed Jun 15th 8AM EST GMT -5 New York). Also a new video has been released showing a v1.50 Sony PSP being used to play Legends of Zelda you can grab it in our downloads section or by clicking here.
Nevermind. :oops:

digitalwanderer said:

Sure it can. UMD games can update the firmware, so unless you plan on never playing any new UMD games when you've got this 1.50 homebrew loader, be careful what you run ;)

ok i have the loader on my pc now.
but i dont have a v1.5 :)

i can tell you you need 2! ms duo sticks you have to copy stuff over from one to another (or pc)

need to read the pdf a bit more in detail

Clever. The PSP verifies a file on the first MS, checking it as a legal program, then you can freely run an app from the second MS since the PSP doesn't check again before you run the app.

Need to get a second MS now. A fine excuse to splurge on 1GiB methinks.

Woo-hoo! I knew there was a reason I held on to that crappy lil 32MB stick they gave me with it! :LOL:

I downloaded it but haven't played with it yet, I just put the first four episodes of the new season of SpongeBob on the PSP for the kids so it'll be a bit before I can mess with it.

So Rys, I hear that memory sticks are water proof.....any comments on that?
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

digitalwanderer said:
So Rys, I hear that memory sticks are water proof.....any comments on that?
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Ripped from my 'blog.

Rys said:
While out in Canada, I got myself a Sony PSP. Mistakenly, I took it to dinner one night (as you'd do with any new cool toy, to show it off and attract wimmins). Godfrey, Multimedia's most potent, err, weapon within ATI, decided that was bad form, despite having a PSP himself, and proceeded to remove the Memory Stick from the PSP and drop it in my glass of water. Cue a real-life :O face from me, laughter from everyone else and Godfrey asking me if I'd like to find out if the PSP could swim, too.

I wasn't going to tell the story, but Fudo did. Hilarious, Godfrey. Absolutely hilarious.

Those bastards :LOL:

There might be a photo or two of the card swimming, I'll try and track it down :LOL:

:LOL:

Thanks for the details Rys, I've been dying to work that into a post since I read it yesterday. ;)

I was a bit worried I'd get in trouble for frontpaging this at EB, but no one has yelled at me yet and Hanners fixed the title so I know he saw it... :|

Back