PSP sales reach 10 million

Shifty Geezer

uber-Troll!
Legend
PSP ships 10 million (edited from sales)

Heads up from Next-gen
http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1393&Itemid=2

Sony has announced that its PSP handheld has hit the ten million sold mark.
It means the machine has sold an average one million units a month since it first arrived on the market; a faster pace than PlayStation 2 over the same period.

Of course I don't know how believable this is, seeing the same article claims 197 games have been released! I guess these are almost all wierd Jap puzzle games.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm...
according to the link you provided...
Around 4.5 million units have been sold in North America followed by 3 million units in Japan and Asia. Around 2.5 million have been sold in Europe; impressive given how recently the

but according to this...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051020/tc_nm/media_sony_holiday_dc
Hirai said the company had sold about 2.3 million PSPs in North America as of the end of September.

where did all of those extra units come from? if the yahoo story is to be believed (and i beleive it) there's an extra 2.2 million PSPs for the NA market, and in EU they've sold 2.5 milion since september 1st? the JP numbers are the only ones that look close, but i think it's closer to 2 million.

Yes, it's 10 million shipped - now. I've no proof to the contrary but I'm pretty sure it said Sold this morning. I wouldn't have missed the constant use of the word shipped that much. Unless I'm turning senile :???:

it definatly said sold this mourning. and it looks like it was "updated" not too long ago. they did a sloppy job, too.
next generation said:
Around 2.5 million have been sold into European outlets; impressive given how recently the machine arrived there.
i guess they forgot that one

Shifty Geezer said:
Yes, it's 10 million shipped - now. I've no proof to the contrary but I'm pretty sure it said Sold this morning. I wouldn't have missed the constant use of the word shipped that much. Unless I'm turning senile :???:

err...

:devilish:

Two fronts? A front exists between two opposing sides. For there to be two fronts there'd either have to be three competitors or one force outflanking their rival to attack them on two sides. So is DS+GBA catching PSP in a pincer movement, or is Gizmondo the Russian front?

Back