PSP & DS sales prediction for this year

McFly

Veteran
First:

Nintendo nennt NDS-Auslieferungsmengen

27.10.04 - Nintendo gibt bekannt, dass die Erstauslieferungsmenge des Handhelds Nintendo DS in Japan am 02.12.04 bei 300.000 Einheiten liegen wird. Nachlieferungen sollen wöchentlich folgen, bis Jahresende will Nintendo 1 Mio. Einheiten in Japan ausgeliefert haben.

Japan: 300'000 DS for first day, a total of 1'000'000 till the end of the year. Source: www.gamefront.de

I did'nt see any numbers from Sony, but those numbers should be possible for Sony, so basicaly it could be that the shortage of DS (or PSP) could dictate sale numbers.

What do you think? More DS or more PSP sold till the end of this year?

Fredi

In Japan? I'm assuming it'll be close. Shortages on both sides. I think Japan will respond to the software. We need some reviews.

DS will probably outsell PSP overall due to its price and 'toy' appeal. PSP appeals more to the gadget freaks, I think.

McFly said:
What do you think? More DS or more PSP sold till the end of this year?

Hmmm?? I think that the DS will easily outsell the PSP. The DS is not only cheaper than the PSP, it's also backwards compatible with the GBA.

Many already have a GBA to play GBA games and maybe get something completly new, the PSP.

However, what was the demography for the DS again? -->

8df3b4b8_NDS.jpg

;)

Fredi

Teasy said:
Many already have a GBA to play GBA games and maybe get something completly new, the PSP.

You can't sell your GBA-SP, buy a PSP and still play your GBA games though ;)

That wasn't quite the argument though. And who would sell their GBA?

So are u predicting that a xenon with no backwards compatiblity will sell better than the ps3 that will play ps2 and ps1 games ?

The ds will have a much larger selection of games . You can buy a ds for 150$ and then play older games if your on a buget. What can u do with the psp if you can only afford the system ? look at it or play music ?

jvd said:
The ds will have a much larger selection of games . You can buy a ds for 150$ and then play older games if your on a buget. What can u do with the psp if you can only afford the system ? look at it or play music ?
That argument sounds a little dummy.
One does not buy DS or PSP just to play old games. If one is on a budget, one does not buy a DS just to play old games.

You are not buying just the system, you buy the games for that system too.
If you are on a budget, you will not buy the DS to play mainly old GBA games on it, you will keep your old SP and play them there.

One does not buy DS or PSP just to play old games. If one is on a budget, one does not buy a DS just to play old games.

this was the arguement used when ps2 announced that it could play ps1 games .

You are not buying just the system, you buy the games for that system too

Of course , but not everyone can afford to shell out 150$ and then 30$ for a game all in one shot. Some may want to get an actual unit (since shortage are most likely to happen) and will make due with other games till then. Or buy 1 or 2 new games but also have access to a much larger library of current games they already own.

When my friend bought his ps2 the launch games were horrible . He bought tekken and then had fun playing other new ps2 titles that came out that year that he had yet to play .

If you are on a budget, you will not buy the DS to play mainly old GBA games on it, you will keep your old SP and play them there

Why ?

I'm on a buget

I will be buying half life 2 ce which is what 80$ ? the eq2 ce which is 90$ and a nintendo ds 150$ and a 1 gig of ddr 400 (100$ )

I will most likely buy the ds and mario 64 (as i never played it) and play my gameboy games that i just got like the final fantsy cart.

THen since x mass is around the corner i will have family members pick me up a few games .

Many people will do this. I know this because many people did this with the ps2 .

jvd said:

this was the arguement used when ps2 announced that it could play ps1 games .
No, it was never an argument (or at least a major one) that if you're on a budget, it would be wise to invest to PS2 and play your old games on it. The backwards compatibility was a plus and bonus, I don't believe many bought the PS2 thinking they'd then save money not needing to buy new games.

You are not buying just the system, you buy the games for that system too

Of course , but not everyone can afford to shell out 150$ and then 30$ for a game all in one shot. Some may want to get an actual unit (since shortage are most likely to happen) and will make due with other games till then. Or buy 1 or 2 new games but also have access to a much larger library of current games they already own.

When my friend bought his ps2 the launch games were horrible . He bought tekken and then had fun playing other new ps2 titles that came out that year that he had yet to play.
In that case, one has already made up his mind which system he's going to buy´and support. Unless you're buying on impulse, that just doesn't make sense. You'd be much wiser holding back buying the new backwards compatible device, playing with your old one your old games and wait until the new device's price drops or you have saved enough money.

If you are on a budget, you will not buy the DS to play mainly old GBA games on it, you will keep your old SP and play them there

Why ?

I'm on a buget

I will be buying half life 2 ce which is what 80$ ? the eq2 ce which is 90$ and a nintendo ds 150$ and a 1 gig of ddr 400 (100$ )

I will most likely buy the ds and mario 64 (as i never played it) and play my gameboy games that i just got like the final fantsy cart.

THen since x mass is around the corner i will have family members pick me up a few games .

Many people will do this. I know this because many people did this with the ps2 .
No, you're not on a budget.
- your dad buys you everything you want, you've said it yourself ;)
- or your friend hands you pre-copies of new games.
- or you arrange a raid to the New Jersey duplicating factory with your 12 nude strippers.

Yeah, the old battery was much better ... Sony? Change it back! Or what about a new hot value pack? :LOL:

Fredi

OK, so let me get this straight, the Xenon fans say that backwards compatibility is not important. The Revolution fans say that backwards compatibility is important. The PS2 fans said that backwards compatibility was important. The PS3 fans say that backwards compatibility is important but the PSP fans say that backwards compatibility is not important? :LOL:

Back