PS4 Recommendation puzzle/strategy games

JPT

Veteran
Supporter
Was looking for some lighthearted fun games to play during xmas with friends and family.
On the PS3 we played things like Trash Panic, Critter Crunch, Elefunk etc etc.
Local co-op or vs mode makes it more fun.

Had a look through the PSN Store for PS4, but did not find any of these simple mechanics but deep kind of games.

Any suggestions/recommendation appreciated

Would have to look, but LittleBigPlanet 3 has a lot of mini-games, built in and community created, that contain games like that, some really good. Something like Super Stardust local multiplayer or Spelunky 4 player coop is also quite fun.

Oh gawd Spelunky can be just depressing to play with more than 2 people, since players die all the time, you only find one coffin per level to respawn a dead player and the difficulty difference between each level is enormous.
I just happened to play 4-player cooped Spelunky during the Christmas Eve. 0/10 would do that again.

lighthearted fun games to play during xmas with friends and family

- Rocket League
- Both games from the Lara Croft series (the top-down ones, not Tomb Raider)
- Divinity: Original Sin
- LEGO games (don't get more than one at once, since they can get pretty repetitive)
- Rayman

The Talos Principle. The spiritual Portal 1 sequel-ish we never got even if we deserved it.

One play the game, the others assist to resolve the puzzles (hint: try getting all stars). IMO best first person view puzzle game since... Portal 2?

Thanks for all the suggestions, some of these I will try out (after looking at youtube for videos) but its a shame that more simple games like Critter Crunch is not available on the PS4. The PS3 seems to have had more of these type of games than the PS4 does.

There are a lot of 2d side scrollers, platformers and shoot'em ups, but quirky stuff like Trash Panic is not here.

Maybe the niche is just to small for a console and it has become the domain of the mobile device, ref Candy Crush etc, a shame.

Last edited:
Look up Thief Town. I can't vouch for it but it's a simple multiplayer game. I think it's on sale for $2 right now, at least in the US. Might be what you're looking for though.

Look up Thief Town. I can't vouch for it but it's a simple multiplayer game. I think it's on sale for $2 right now, at least in the US. Might be what you're looking for though.

That looked like fun, but I did not find it on EU PSN :/

Towerfall is awesome.

Funny I already had that, probably some PS+ stuff, but never got around to try it.
But, I am not sure about the naming, anything Tower I think is a towerdefense game. Then again if you trick somebody into, because they believe its a towerdefense, they might end up playing it anyway.

Purely by chance I bought The Talos Principle last night and it's brilliant. Found it on pen, saw that it wasn't tragically rated on Meteoritic (actually it holds a pretty good score) and I got it. Buy it now!

Purely by chance I bought The Talos Principle last night and it's brilliant. Found it on pen, saw that it wasn't tragically rated on Meteoritic (actually it holds a pretty good score) and I got it. Buy it now!
Yep. I found this game thanks to Mark Cerny, he currently plays this game and seems to like it.

True. I thought it would be simpler so I bought to play with my wife.

Total failure :(

Back