PS4 Camera question

JPT

Veteran
Supporter
I looked for the old FAQ for PS4 but it was not pinned anywhere and searching for PS4 and FAQ does not really work. So, new thread :)

Does anybody know how to mute PS Camera only in-game? I want to use the voice recording when in the PS4 menues, but want it muted when playing online multi-player games. Or at least have the choice to mute it when I want to.

I looked for the old FAQ for PS4 but it was not pinned anywhere and searching for PS4 and FAQ does not really work. So, new thread :)

Does anybody know how to mute PS Camera only in-game? I want to use the voice recording when in the PS4 menues, but want it muted when playing online multi-player games. Or at least have the choice to mute it when I want to.

Hold PS button for a while, go to device management and choose mute microphone?

I tried that, but then its always muted, which means I have unmute when leaving games if I want it to work again.
At least that its how it seems work, when I checked.

Yes, for instance, I want the camera to work when in the system menu etc to start games and so fort. But when playing Destiny for example, I prefer to not have it enabled. If I plug in a headset, the headset will be activated and I guess the camera is muted then. But then I have to manually mute the headset, I just want to have it as a default, Muted when playing online multiplayer. Single player and system its ok for it to be on.

Back