PS3 screen-a-palooza (Unknown Realms, Afrika, Lair, Colin McRae, Motorstorm)

Afrika seems interesting, what's it about? The Zebra shot is almost certainly real time (but it looks like what we saw 2(?) E3's ago)

Lair looks bad, if those are recent shots, I have no idea what's going on with PS3/Factor 5...

Those Colin McRae shots are very old and are known prerender concept images

Motorstorm is looking incredible as usual

Unknown Realms doesn't look very good, reminds me of Enchant Arms on 360, nothing special.

unknown realms looks.... interesting.

motorstorm has been looking great since e3 imo, and looks even better now.

are those colin mcrae shots real? or bullshots?

lair shots are old, ill wait for tgs tbh.

afrika looks impressive, but i wish we knew more about wtf the game is.

It is possible that the screenshots are from different periods (e.g., The first Afrika picture was taken in May, the second in September 2006).

Babelfished from the Afrika page...

"The compilation staff where this image is seen proposes “it probably is the game which counts the zebraâ€￾, that, in addition a certain person “is the environment simulator. Ecosystem of the animal is simulated to real, it is, perhapsâ€￾ you talked, but as for the truth in the text of SCEJ “genre: Undecidedâ€￾ just it is."

Safari simulator or some sort?

Also, they say the Zebra shot is from E3, and the Giraffe sunset shot is from the latest media.

official japanese website for unknown realms.
http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/ur/
the art style is almost creepy, but the clashing bright colors make it seem more 'happy'?

this seems to be the premise..
* Action-Adventure.

* In the 'real-world' part, set in a European village. 2 protagonists.

* Aaron(?) is a journalist working on the occult column for a third-rate magazine, and seemingly strange and supernatural things do happen around him. One day he receives a call from a women asking for help. But the women was already murdered when he arrives at the village, so he starts to investigate...

* Kit is a university student whose mother passed away when she was little. One day, she receives a letter supposedly penned by her long-deceased mother, saying that she wants to meet her in the village...

* The real world and 7 alternate worlds blur margins between living and dead, real and dreaming. The inhabitants are generally named 'the folks'. There is an element in their souls known as the 'ID'. By capturing this 'ID', a protagonist can bind a folk to his/her bidding.

* Aaron(?) is a journalist working on the occult column for a third-rate magazine, and seemingly strange and supernatural things do happen around him. One day he receives a call from a women asking for help. But the women was already murdered when he arrives at the village, so he starts to investigate...

* Kit is a university student whose mother passed away when she was little. One day, she receives a letter supposedly penned by her long-deceased mother, saying that she wants to meet her in the village...

Sounds like Silent Hill.

What is Afrika about? Animal crossing type game or more duck-hunt...I think the latter would be rather politically incorrect in this day and age.

What is Afrika about? Animal crossing type game or more duck-hunt...I think the latter would be rather politically incorrect in this day and age.

Both the Famitsu and the Game Watch staff, are not sure. There's been no info on the game play so far. Apparently, it's some kind of wild-life simulation, but there's nothing on the game-play and how the player will interact with it. Even, Sony's own web-site has a tag "genre: pending".
But TGS might reveal something more substantial.

All I have to say is god damn HS looks good.

Even if we always only get to see that same arena over and over. It looks better and better every time.

This game reminds me of a PS3 game I haven't seen in a while...Monster Hunter. The dragon thingie at least look like what's in the Monster Hunter trailer.

Unknown Realms looks VERY interesting, I really like its clashing art directions. A bit of everything, I wonder how it plays, could be very interesting.

Lair looks impressive, I want to see a wider range of colors though, please!

This game reminds me of a PS3 game I haven't seen in a while...Monster Hunter. The dragon thingie at least look like what's in the Monster Hunter trailer.

Monster Kingdom, which is this game, but renamed. Monster Hunter is a Capcom franchise, number 3 in the series is apparently coming to PS3.

Both the Famitsu and the Game Watch staff, are not sure. There's been no info on the game play so far. Apparently, it's some kind of wild-life simulation, but there's nothing on the game-play and how the player will interact with it. Even, Sony's own web-site has a tag "genre: pending".
But TGS might reveal something more substantial.

I see, thanks for the info. I'm guessing it will be a non-violent game, possibly in the Animal Crossing type category of games.

Back