PS3 Pain AddOn: Amusement Park

AntShaw

Regular
Just saw up on the PS Blog that there is going to be a new add on for the PSN title Pain. We have been thoroughly enjoying this game in my household.

The addition of multiplayer sounds pretty neat, and the amusement park environment looks much more entertaining. It's proven to be a fun party game with a few of us taking turns.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/07/08/pain-amusement-park-first-trailer-and-preview/

It’s the PAIN ABUSEMENT PARK. This time you can invite your friends to join you. We have online multiplayer capability so you can finally pit your skills against other people on the PLAYSTATION NETWORK. We also support the new PlayStation Trophies. This might be useful to see how awesome your competition is before you challenge them to a PAIN game. There’s a whole lot of content in this Park. For a first preview of the PAIN Amusement Park, head on over to GamesRadar.

I bought this game this last weekend to play with my nephew (age 14), it was a big hit. I wish the add-on was free, but it looks great regardless.

Thanks. I bought the game because of your recommendations. There was a free patch but I didn't find the add-on. I am still in the first level though.

The sixaxis work feels a little tacky, but it is useful in the game. With the original version of Pain, you only get the downtown environment with a few different game modes. They didn't really mention when the new add on comes out, but i'm sure as you can see, it looks much more interactive then the downtown scene.

They have a bunch of .99 cent char addons you can buy, but personally that seems like pure rip off. The gameplay as I am sure you have found already is pretty addictive.

Playing solo I had no interest in this game. It wasn't until I had some friends over and we were passing the controller around trying to top each other before it became truly addictive. Here we are 6 months later and we are still playing this game.

I've purchased a fair share of the PSN games, and this and the bowling are the ones that seems to entertain everyone the most. None of the others: PixelJunk, Loco, SuperStardust, Snakeball, seem to entertain as much.

With that said, and OT, we all have been enjoying the new Commando.

EDIT: Re-reading my post some seem contradictory, but for 9.99 overall, it was a good purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to use SIXAXIS in the game (like Heavenly Sword's Aftertouch). It didn't seem to change the "flight path". The analog stick works though. May be I have to turn it on in the game.

I am still stucked in the Crash Course. The game is waiting for me to perform all the styles mid-flight but I must have done like 15 times already and it wouldn't let me pass that stage.

So far the game is deeper than I thought. A more interactive environment will definitely spice things up even more. The different characters do look superfluous, but I may pay for a LocoRoco-like character (if they make one). I see this game as a huge pinball machine, and would love to bounce things around for as long as possible.

Amongst my PSN mini-games, I like Everyday Shooter best, followed by Operation Creature Feature just because my son loves it. flOw and that Escher game were nice too

Don't have Super Stardust HD or the Bowling game, but a lot of people seem to like SSD especially after the 2.4 upgrade.

I was confused I think on the SixAxis part. I know there is nothing like aftertouch, but thinking now, I might of been flat out wrong. BUT, I think you use it to do the OOoommphs.

The Monkey game is my personal fav, at least to play solo.

Other then that we just go for the destruction. Its pretty neat because everything is damn near destructible, blowupable, knockable, breakable, etc... :)

Im curious to see if the multiplayer aspect will be with everyone launching in the same zone, instead of taking turns. That would be neat.

I finally got past the Crash Course and tried spanking the monkeys ;-)
It's looks like a party game riot for sure.

Now that it has trophies, I think its a good time to get it. :)

I think I got 2 but it didn't show up on my profile. Has it been patched already ?

Yeah, it's a bit confusing initially because the original game already supported trophies before we got the firmware supported versions. So I guess we'll have to wait a little. This title is a lot better (and addictive!) than I initially thought though! Nice and original, with some good gameplay. Initially I got frustrated that the tutorial took so long, but it turned out to be pretty essential training.

I'm starting to genuinely look forward to this. I've been playing Pain more and more recently and starting to get an old fashioned addiction - once I start, I sometimes just can't stop playing until hours into the night. It's kind of ridiculous, but the physics sandbox to play with in this game is just so much fun. The way this title was first announced and the general style it was presented with really succeeded in hiding from me how good a game this actually is!

Back