PS3 Owners: Fall/Winter Shopping List

High time for this one again, maybe even a bit late. Shall I update this one or create a new one? Could be interesting to see last year's list as well and take budget picks from it.

Already bought:
Move Bundle (EU)
2nd Move Controller
Sports Champions
Start the Party

Games on my highly likely to buy list:

October:
Rockband 3 (27th) (going to be my first Rockband, already have the Guitar Hero instruments, will seriously consider the Pro Mode Guitar, already have a Midi-keyboard)

November:
Gran Turismo 5 (3rd)
Time Crisis: Razing Storm (+ TC4 Arcade, Dead Storm Pirates)
The Fight: Lights Out

Doesn't matter to me !

But I'm going for:
* GT5
* Enslaved
* ProStroke Golf

Still thinking:
* Castle something :p
* The Fight

Bought:
PS Move bundle

Pre-ordered:
GT5
CoD Black Ops
[strike]Medal of Honor[/strike] - sold
[strike]Vanquish[/strike] - canceled. gonna wait until it's cheap.

Plan on buying:
Castlevania
[strike]ProStroke Golf[/strike] - bad reviews

Maybe:
Enslaved
The Fight
Time Crisis

Decided to pass on RB3. The on-disc tracklist doesn't interest me much, and I'm sure the DLC will work with RB2 (which I already own).

Last edited by a moderator:
GT5 (just like last year :rolleyes:)
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2
And maybe Enslaved.

Making this the most boring end of the year for games in a long time.

already bought:

Dead Rising 2
Castlevania

definitely going to buy:

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

maybe going to buy:

Two Worlds 2
GT5

As of October interested in:
ProStroke Golf (will check this out when I have a chance)
Virtua Tennis 4

Half interested in:
The Fight (Don't like the camera angle)
GT5 (a little burn out from racing games)

Well, I already got Formula 1 2010 to get this fall started.

Next on the list are:
Call of Duty: Black ops
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2
Little big planet 2
KillZone 3
GT5

:smile:

Bought:
Sports Champions
Start the Party

Will definitely buy:
GT5
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow'
Little Big Planet 2

Will maybe buy:
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
The Fight: Lights Out
SingStar Dance

Apart form GT5 an LBP2, kind of boring end of year for PS3. Not many good adventure games which are my favourite genre, apart form Castlevania. Uncharted 2 spoiled me, so I don't think there'll be another game that can fully satisfy me until Uncharted 3.
GT5 should keep me busy for the winter, though. Bought a new wheel (Logitech DFGT) and a Wheelstand Pro already :)

Well atleast in the UK the big e-tailers like Amazon and Play are selling it for around £25. Most of the games drop their price pretty quickly in UK.

edit: I'm personally pretty close to buying Heavy Rain and FF13. The price is quite low on those aswell. GT 5 seems like a must buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was in the store yesterday to check for Rockband 3 but it wasn't there yet (coming Friday). Noticed on amazon.de that the Keytar bundle is 100 euro, so I think I'll be getting that (will be nice to have that wireless keyboard as a fallback and as something I can use with my XV-5050, which I'll probably then move to the living room - that thing has a 48bit digital out that's never been used before and a lovely grand piano sound that isn't done justice by the PC speakers I have in the study).

Anyone else have it yet?

Also I played the NFS: Hot Pursuit demo yesterday, and the presentation and particularly the online friendslist integration features almost sold it to me despite the little bit meh handling of the cars. (I don't even think the game has a manual shift option ... )

Bah, I don't like fake musical instruments. So no Rock band or Guitar Hero for me. ^_^

I can't find Beat Sketcher demo on the US PS Store.

Well, I just ordered Heavy Rain and Hot Persuit 2 via Amazon and CoD: Black Ops should be on the way soon too. :)
That should keep gaming interesting for the next couple of weeks. :)

Bah, I don't like fake musical instruments. So no Rock band or Guitar Hero for me. ^_^

You did read the part where Rockband is coming with a real guitar that can also be used as a controller, or has MIDI support for real MIDI-out enabled keyboards, as well as pro drum-mode support for $1000+ professional digital drumkits and of course singing up to three person harmonies, which of course don't involve fake plastic instruments in the first place? Just checking. ;)

Yeah, I'm tempted for Hot Pursuit 2, just for the competitive aspect of it alone (took some attempts, but got back first in both races, though my first attempt for the hot pursuit one still stands very tall!) - should be a download title like Paradise (this is basically the Paradise engine running at 30fps, little question about it).

Back