PS3 Firmware 2.20

Could it be a wake on lan functionality, but they just wrote it into non techy speak ;D

* Use your PSP as a remote control to play back your music files on your PS3 without turning on your TV.

from the official blog.

Cool update. Can't wait (BD-Live, here I come !).

The top fix for the web browser should be to get rid of the annoying (stateless) "Do you want to run this plug-in ?" dialog. Even if the browser has sped up 100 times, the dialog will still stop it in its track every single page (on certain sites). :rolleyes:

EDIT: According to the officlal PS blog, subtitle for DivX is also supported in this update.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool update. Can't wait (BD-Live, here I come !).

Looks like we only have to wait a couple of weeks and see how well the BD-Live interactivity is pulled off. The first 2 BD-Live releases will be Dewey Cox, and The 6th Day.

Are you serious though?? I mean who at Sony is making that call. Dewey Cox is one thing, but The 6th Day. I almost think their pulling an April Fools joke on us.

I believe Saw IV is already BD-Live (released in Jan). AVP is another coming soon.

Sure enough. You can keep that BD-Live functionality for yourself though! :)

Lionsgate announced today their new MOLOG, or, Movie Blog BD Live feature. This interactive feature allows a viewer to participate in online discussions regarding Lionsgate titles. This online discussion community will be accessable from a BD Live player and blogging can be done while the film is being viewed. Viewers can also access MOLOG from any web browser. Lionsgate’s BD release of Saw 4 will debut this feature next month.

On another note, I have been noticing that quite a few CD's I have ripped onto the internal drive has been filed oddly. It will leave anywhere from 1-3 tracks out and file them in an Album titled 'Unknown' it created. I have to move them out of there manually.

Sure enough. You can keep that BD-Live functionality for yourself though! :)

The forum feature would be more useful for in-game XMB :)
Earlier on, I had to quit out of RFOM a few times to call for GAF players to join us during party run.

For movie playback, I agree... not so much -- unless the forum is tailored for the experiences (e.g., user posted content like : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3Mrepqk3Ys will be fun and attractive for Transformer viewers to find in the "Extras" section ).

It will take sometime for the movie industry to experiment. It's not so much the mechanism but the focused/organized content from all corners of the Internet (plus premium sources) that can elevate movie extras. On top of that, add interactive marketing (contest, digital discount coupons) to encourage further participation.

(BTW, including YouTube viewer on PS3 is a great move).

On another note, I have been noticing that quite a few CD's I have ripped onto the internal drive has been filed oddly. It will leave anywhere from 1-3 tracks out and file them in an Album titled 'Unknown' it created. I have to move them out of there manually.

You're probably using the "Organize Content" option. XMB will look into one of the fields to file your movies. The "Unknown" folder will be used if your selected field is empty. If you turn it off, it will go back to a linear list.

Last edited by a moderator:
The press release says:

“Audio Output Device” will be a new Remote Play setting, enabling PSP to serve as a remote control for music played through PS3.

The Playstation blog says:

Use your PSP as a remote control to play back your music files on your PS3 without turning on your TV.

The OP says

Play music on PS3 from PSP without PS3 truned on

I think the press release is correct. You can use PSP as a remote controller to play PS3 music. Like RemotePlay, but the audio will come out from your TV/home theater instead of your PSP speaker.

???
If my TV is switched off or someone is watching something else how am I going to hear the music?

And if you cant do that then whats the purpose of it if you can do it directly through your PS3 anyways?

???
If my TV is switched off or someone is watching something else how am I going to hear the music?

And if you cant do that then whats the purpose of it if you can do it directly through your PS3 anyways?

It's just remote control (I am guessing based on DLNA's media controller protocol, but don't quote me on that).

If your TV/home theater/sound system is occupied, your Harmony remote won't help either. Then again, you should be using RemotePlay for that (play music through your PSP entirely).

Back