PS Vita Near error

minimoke

Newcomer
Hi All,

The Near app has stopped working on my Vita and is displaying "an error has occurred" when I try and update my location. It says it's found my location but gives me an error when trying to send it to the server.

Any ideas?

I've heard this once or twice before on Neogaf ... I presume you use a WiFi model? Only seems to happen infrequently with those. Something to do with the service it uses. Of course could also be some temporary hiccup. Already tried a full reboot of the Vita?

I "fixed" it by deleting my near data using the settings option in near. I will try the hard reboot next time. Thanks:)

Near has improved subtly but importantly by the way since last time. When you accept a near gift, you can choose to auto-accept all similar gifts from the future. Which means that if for instance someone in near or your friends-list shares ToM crystals, you now get them automatically. Same for LBP challenges, etc. Small but very welcome change.

I also like that newer apps don't have to open the Near app to actually share something. I hope that becomes default in the future.

Still massive potential for improvement though as usual ;).

Are maps from Treasure Park also downloaded automatically?

Yep! And that one doesn't have to open Near to share them either. It's the 'most advanced' Near use in that respect compared to others I've seen.

Back