PS Vita Homebrew

Arwin

Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
Legend
A homebrew enabler / hack has been released for Vita (and TV) that enables installing any homebrew (without killing DRM). It stands out as being amazingly simple - just open a page in the browser (best to have a fresh restart of your device beforehand). And that's it. Shell installed with FTP access and pkg runner. Just tried it (on the Vita TV which wasn't using much anyway) and it is legit. I got it through Eurogamer by the way, so I assume for now it's ok to post here as well. If not, one of my fellow moderators will probably kill me ... :D

https://henkaku.xyz/usage/

I'm. Waiting until somebody made an permanent offline HEN, installed from HENkaku.

Then waiting for the inevitable memory hacks :D

Messing around in games is always fun.

Anything special I can install after I acquire this capability yet?
Usually we never get much awesome homebrew and its all excitement for nothing. I mean ps3 homebres, except for letting me play DOOM, IIRC, wasn't much for the time that I tried it.

Emulators so far, and ports of Doom and Quake. Not being permanent isn't an issue for me. If you turn your Vita off completely with any frequency you're using it wrong.

I want a full fledged network media player :D

Have dlna support, Or at least SMB compatible.

I miss SMS on Ps2. It truly transform my ps2 into superb network media player.

Isn't there a dlna player on the vita already? As far as I remember it wasn't very good though and it had very limited format support.

You could stream media but only if you were running the Sony Content Assistant program that's also for backing up games on a computer. It wasn't very reliable last time I tried it.

Emulators so far, and ports of Doom and Quake. Not being permanent isn't an issue for me. If you turn your Vita off completely with any frequency you're using it wrong.
If it lets me play Gameboy Colour Zelda games, I would be happy. playing them on my phone isn't that awesome.

The SNES emulator is fully functional on Vita TV. We tried Mario Kart, Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country, Zelda ... Tempting to do it on Vita to get that lightning fast OLED response time.

It seems easy enough now to develop for it, just finding enough people who still care may be the bottleneck :p

Back