Proxyconn adverts preventing posting for Monsieur Wanderer

Hanners

Regular
I come bearing news of a site problem for digitalwanderer that is preventing him from posting... I'll leave the rest of the explanation up to him, from this thread at Elite Bastards:

Everytime I hit the "submit" button to post I get a new browser popping up opening up at www.proxyconn.com !

What is up? I just ran AdAware with the latest update and it saw nothing, is something amiss on my end? I see new posts going up so I figure B3D is ok, but ANY time I hit "submit" over there I get a new window with www.proxyconn.com and it's driving me NUTS!!!! (I even tried to PM a few people over there and the same bloody thing happened! o_O )

For the record, I know some users at Rage3D have been having a similar problem, but I'm honestly not sure if it got fixed or not.

Thanks guys,
Hanners

Ok, I can post ONCE after clearing those cookies and then it goes back to the proxyconn page trick. :rolleyes:

How do I make it stop?

I've never seen the proxyconn ad?

Maybe use Firefox + Adblock to get rid of that one specifically.

The Baron said:
I've never seen the proxyconn ad?

Maybe use Firefox + Adblock to get rid of that one specifically.
From my understanding of reading at R3D it affects Firefox too. :(

Then again, I'm posting this from Blue using Firefox now (I tried from IE and it was more proxycrap :rolleyes: ) and it seems to be working.

On an unrelated note, I don't have an proxyconn ads on either Bubbles or in FireFox for B3D...are they an advertiser here or are they hijacking the space?

Well that seems to have fixed it up right proper, I don't even have an advertisement on the top of the page anymore! :D

Thanks all! 8)

Thank you for pointing this out, I have taken it out of your positions.

Seems that the form in their banner is overriding the forum buttons. If that makes sense... that's the only solution I can come up with. I've stopped it on a bunch of sites this morning by looking at their unrealistically high CTR rates. Our ad server admins are seeing if they can help us out in any way, but from what I can tell, this banner can simply not run in any sort of forum.

Sorry for this inconvenience and hassle.

Julie
julie@rydium.com

<cough> Please don't block the ads now <cough>

DaveBaumann said:

Seems that the form in their banner is overriding the forum buttons. If that makes sense... that's the only solution I can come up with. I've stopped it on a bunch of sites this morning by looking at their unrealistically high CTR rates. Our ad server admins are seeing if they can help us out in any way, but from what I can tell, this banner can simply not run in any sort of forum.

Julie
julie@rydium.com

is there a skip this ad button that pops up if its a fullpage ad ?

:confused:

DaveBaumann said:

Julie
julie@rydium.com

I dunno Dave, it's pretty wicked fast now.... ;)

Ok, ok...I re-activated active scripting and the ads are back and apparently I can still post.

I'm quite pleased, thank you all for your extremely kind help in this matter. :)

DaveBaumann said:
I'm not. That can be a decent solution for ads that prevent a page from being used, since adblock will prevent said ad from even loading.

What's this proxycon ad like? Has anyone got this under mozilla -- not firebird/fox? What about opera?

Back