Project Gotham NY Skyline and Brooklynn Bridge Video

That looked really good.

I had to pick my jaw up at 0:45 when he looked to his left and you could see New Yorks skyscrapers whipping by.

I am thoroughly impressed. For me finally seeing the inside of these fancy cars and seeing such rich enviroments is so great. I always thought every car havin the same "digital dash" was so stupid. I want to feel like I am driving a Ferrari.

Im sold.:D

This game has a great sense of speed at 30fps. Major props to the people who made the game. The Brooklyn bridge and New York skyline was magnificent. The way the view in the distance moved gave the feeling like it was way off in the distance. I was like, woah, thats amazing. This to me should be the 360 game that MS should be paying attention to. Fortunatley its garnering its own PR by the looks and the contents.

I've heard rumors that PGR3 may get pushed back from launch, but if its untrue, PGR3=The first 360 i'm going to get.

BlueTsunami said:
This game has a great sense of speed at 30fps. Major props to the people who made the game. The Brooklyn bridge and New York skyline was magnificent. The way the view in the distance moved gave the feeling like it was way off in the distance. I was like, woah, thats amazing. This to me should be the 360 game that MS should be paying attention to. Fortunatley its garnering its own PR by the looks and the contents.

I've heard rumors that PGR3 may get pushed back from launch, but if its untrue, PGR3=The first 360 i'm going to get.

blimblim from Xboxyde said he asked developers of PGR3 and they said the build at X05 is 2 weeks old. they have a 2 week newer version in thier offices which is to get the FPS from 30-45 upto 60. They said the visuals will get better with very optimisation section of the code.

Looking really nice. Hope they can fix some of the texture popping before launch. While they most likely wont hit 60fps, which is a shame because this is a piece of art, the feeling of "mass" you get from the world helps the sensation of speed and the subtle motion blur and other effects, plus the great looking skyline and HDR effects, really make this a great looking title.

Seems the sense of speed is better when in the cockpit view then when in 3rd person, does anyone else notice this? Is it like this with all racing games or just this one? (not usually a racing game player)

J

Acert93 said:
Looking really nice. Hope they can fix some of the texture popping before launch. While they most likely wont hit 60fps, which is a shame because this is a piece of art, the feeling of "mass" you get from the world helps the sensation of speed and the subtle motion blur and other effects, plus the great looking skyline and HDR effects, really make this a great looking title.

I read an interview where bizarre said they knew about the popping and it would definitely be fixed. Theres so many interviews with them at this point i wouldnt know where to begin to track it down for you... :(

J

expletive said:
Seems the sense of speed is better when in the cockpit view then when in 3rd person, does anyone else notice this? Is it like this with all racing games or just this one? (not usually a racing game player)

J

It's a matter of relative view distance. Try sticking your head down by the road while driving. Actually, it's simple. An object farther away won't appear to move as much as an object right in front of you. Just look down at the floor while walking and then look ahead and see how fast the world is going by. ;)

expletive said:

J

The closer the camera is to the ground, the greater sense of speed. Ride a go-cart and a bus at the same speed and you'll notice the difference :)

Alstrong said:
It's a matter of relative view distance. Try sticking your head down by the road while driving. Actually, it's simple. An object farther away won't appear to move as much as an object right in front of you. Just look down at the floor while walking and then look ahead and see how fast the world is going by. ;)

Now that's real talk. I just did it and walked into my door. :LOL: Was walking faster than I thought. I learned the hard way.

This game looks so impressive. My wife is begging me to get an XBOX360 and PGR3 on launch day.(Providing PGR3 is available at launch) I suppose I'll have to if that's what she wants.;)

Man I loved that video, it's not the graphics that impressed me, but how they captured NYC, omfg it was kool I couldn't see if they captured city hall park, man brooklyn bridge never looked so kool in a video game.

deathstar121 said:
Man I loved that video, it's not the graphics that impressed me, but how they captured NYC, omfg it was kool I couldn't see if they captured city hall park, man brooklyn bridge never looked so kool in a video game.
I agree.

The tech is good and all, but a lot of games are using advanced techniques with much less visual impact. Bizarre did a great job with the art assets and really planning their design out. You definately don't get the feeling that they took an Xbox game, slapped higher resolution graphics on it, and then threw some fancy shaders and HDR in because they could.

PGR3 really is beautiful. It is not perfectly realistic, but they did a good job of capturing the essense of the places you race and so far I have not seen anything that breaks the illusion they create. There are a couple games that look really good in certain areas, or in parts of the game, but parts of the design or techniques use stick out like a sore thumb.

I don't get that feeling with PGR3.

madmartyau said:
This game looks so impressive. My wife is begging me to get an XBOX360 and PGR3 on launch day.(Providing PGR3 is available at launch) I suppose I'll have to if that's what she wants.;)

I can only dream of my wife begging me to buy a new console on launch day. Thats a good woman there, hold on to that one! :)

J

Back