Problem with undeletable "ghost entries" in People -app (Win8)

Kaotik

Drunk Member
Legend
Supporter
I have Win8 Pro x64, all updates installed.

I noticed last night that my People -app has tons of "empty contacts". First I thought it was some glitch, it showing Google contacts twice or something, but I removed all the linked accounts I could, only leaving the Microsoft one, and then headed to outlook.com, checked my contacts that there was no duplicates, no empty contacts etc.

Yet still, the People app is filled with them - all duplicates of my old Google contacts which now should have been removed.

I tried then re-adding Google-account, and the People -app added all the Google contacts like it should, but the empty duplicates are still there.

If I open one of the real ones, it shows all the relevant info and "Gmail" under the contact photo. Right clicking gives me options to pin the contact to start, favourite it, link it and edit it and to delete it.

If I open one of the duplicates, it has only the contact name, no other info and there's nothing under the contact photo. Right clicking gives me options to pin the contact to start, favourite it, link it and edit it, but not delete it.

I tried calling Microsoft support but they said they can't open a ticket out of this (no clue why, though), and told me to ask help at their community, which I of course did, but the more places I'm asking, more likely it is that I'll find a solution.

So - does anyone know any possible way I could get rid of the duplicates?

I have a slightly related email problem, but i'll post at a later date as to not take the focus away from kaotik

Back