Problem when compiling

Discussion in 'CellPerformance@B3D' started by lzhan, Aug 29, 2007.

1. lzhan

Newcomer

Hi all,

When I tried to compile one sample code on PS3, FC6 with Cell SDK 2.1, I got following errors:
    spe-mandel.c: In function 'plot_vpoint':
    spe-mandel.c:31: error: parameter list does not match a valid signature
    for spu_and()
    spe-mandel.c:32: error: parameter list does not match a valid signature
    for spu_and()
    spe-mandel.c:32: error: too many arguments to function '__builtin_spu_convtf'
    spe-mandel.c:32: error: void value not ignored as it ought to be
    Error: "spu-gcc" has failed.

Is this because I used a different version of the SDK? How can I fix it?

Another problem is, when I try the samples, I need to be the supper user to "make". i.e. "sudo make". Why is this?

2. Panajev2001a

Veteran

You are using the right version of the SDK for your distribution.

I do not know the answer to your first question though: it is known to give some problems if you do not have libelfspe installed (the SDK does not install it):

wget http://www.bsc.es/projects/deepcomputing/linuxoncell/cellsimulator/sdk2.1/elfspe2-2.1.0-0.ppc.rpm
    rpm -Ivh elfspe2-2.1.0-0.ppc.rpm

there are also other libraries that might or might not be missing: like ed http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/f...reeDisplayType=threadmode1&forum=739#13955882

Still there might be more, I have never gotten that error. I'll turn on the PS3 and see what happens (F7, CELL SDK 2.1).

As far as the second question is concerned, it MIGHT (and I say might) be because the /opt/ibm/cell-sdk and other sub-directories you are compiling inside of are owned by the root user and have the group of the root user so all the programs that need to generate other files as output need to have enough privileges to write in those directories. I might be wrong, never looked too much into this issue, I'll admit it.

3. Panajev2001a

Veteran

Can you post the path of that sample: I cannot find it in the CELL SDK directory :(.

4. OzzyBC42

Newcomer

5. lzhan

Newcomer

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I tried to compile this library. I got the errors when compiling the examples. Also I encountered this problem before...