Prince of Persia

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by 2008 IQ is unacceptable, Dec 20, 2008.

1. 2008 IQ is unacceptable

Banned

Does anyone know why my 8800gt is giving me bad framerates (must average in the low 20s maybe a little less)? I have 8x aa enabled, high quality, 1280x720, vsync, high quality textures, and widescreen checked.

Stock clocks and 100% fan speed.

4 GB ram. Vista Premium 64. AMD Athlon X2 @ 2.3 GHz (stock.)

180.48 cp settings:
    gamma aa on in the control panel
    trss and app controlled (doesn't look like the trss is doing anything)
    hq 16x af.

keep in mind it uses the Assassin's Creed engine for whatever the fuck that's worth.

2. homerdog

homerdog donator of the year
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

The game is CPU limited. Massively.

3. suryad

Veteran

Yes I would recommend some overclockage! *off to google more about the AC engine*

4. 2008 IQ is unacceptable

Banned

I'll be damned. Good thing I ordered a 9850 Black ed yesterday.

So 2 more questions:

I just got done playing with a not so great frame rate. Anyway, it crashed after 1 hour of continuous play due to a DEP error. [1] YTF did that happen? I checked with the windows online help sol and tried the advice, but it's a program that can't have the dep feature turned off.

[2]How much difference will the phenom x4 9850 BE make at stock clocks?

These questions are quite urgent, so any replies will be appreciated=]

5. homerdog

Try setting DEP to "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only".
    Couldn't say, but I had some dips into the 40s here and there with my GTX260 and E6750 at 3.2GHz. Antialiasing had absolutely no impact on FPS during the slowdowns, even at 8x. Maybe this game wants >2 cores?

In any case make sure you force triple buffering with D3DOverrider. Don't try to force anything through the driver control panel either.

6. 2008 IQ is unacceptable

Banned

Yep, there was no difference between 4x and 8x aa with me either.

Thanks for the help=]

7. homerdog

No problem, and since we finally have a PoP thread I'll go ahead and give my quick thoughts. I loved it. The visuals are great IMO and the combat can be fun if you know what you're doing, sorta like the Sands of Time games. The platforming is where the real action is and despite the 'retarded easy' difficulty level I enjoyed almost every second of it. Animations are sweet although not much of an improvement (if any) over SoT.

As for the whole "you can't die" thing, it's really not a big deal. Just a clever way to remove Game Over and reloading screens while giving you lots of checkpoints. And trust me, when you 'die' at the end of a long jumping sequence you'll still be pissed you have to do even that little part over again.