Prices of 4K 60fps PC Gaming System?

Cyan

orange
Legend
Supporter
It wouldn't be great as a PC because of the unbalanced design(same with the Ps4 Pro). As a PC the CPU would stick out like a sore thumb more than it will as an Xbox One+ machine.
I wonder how it could run W10 too, but anyways -dunno what happened to my post in a different thread-, overall the performance in PC mode could be just fine.

Forbes wrote an article on how much it would cost a PC with similar specs compared to Scorpio and for $1045 you have a PC with a GTX 1070. There are specs where the PC is superior others where Scorpio is better. These are the results:
comparisons-1.jpg

https://www.forbes.com/sites/antony...-ps4-pro-vs-pc-whos-the-fastest/#22e817ce1f46

I wonder how it could run W10 too, but anyways -dunno what happened to my post in a different thread-, overall the performance in PC mode could be just fine.

Forbes wrote an article on how much it would cost a PC with similar specs compared to Scorpio and for $1045 you have a PC with a GTX 1070. There are specs where the PC is superior others where Scorpio is better. These are the results:
comparisons-1.jpg

https://www.forbes.com/sites/antony...-ps4-pro-vs-pc-whos-the-fastest/#22e817ce1f46

Have to tack on the cost of a controller and either a usb cable or bluetooth dongle to connect it to the PC.

Lets not turn any of the Scorpio specific threads into a general Price of Console vs PCs even if it is for Scorpio. That topic belongs in its own thread, and we've had that discussion multiple times before. We know the discussion this time won't be any different from the earlier ones. One huge mess with a lot circular talk.
what is that thread, if that's not asking much? I want to debate about the price of the PC you need to achieve 4k 60 statle fps on a PC when playing a game like Forza 6 Apex.

what is that thread, if that's not asking much? I want to debate about the price of the PC you need to achieve 4k 60 statle fps on a PC when playing a game like Forza 6 Apex.

It ended up locked. Console-only and PC-only gamers have shown an inability to play nice with each other when the subject is discussed.

Try a new thread, I guess?

Have to tack on the cost of a controller and either a usb cable or bluetooth dongle to connect it to the PC.
kinda nitpicking but anyways, we shall include that. In addition Dolby Atmos needs an AVR receiver to play on PC and it is going to cost processing cycles.

Plus, this is what Digital Foundry's article says on Forza running at 4k 60fps on Scorpio:

"I've seen Microsoft's new console running a Forza Motorsport 6-level experience locked to 4K60 on the equivalent to PC's ultra settings - cranking up the quality presets to obscene levels was one of the first things developer Turn 10 did when confronted with the sheer amount of headroom it had left after a straight Xbox One port. Out of interest, we tested Forza 6 Apex with similar settings at 4K on GTX 1060, 1070 and 1080. Frames were dropped on GTX 1060 (and a lot of them when wet weather conditions kicked in), while GTX 1070 held firm with only the most intense wet weather conditions causing performance dips. Only GTX 1080 held completely solid in all test cases".

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...pio-is-console-hardware-pushed-to-a-new-level

So now if we knew the actual hardware they had to perform these tests, we could see how much an equivalent performing PC would cost.

My question is why we need to go down this road yet again? I really don't see the end game with discussions like this, there doesn't seem to be a point.

In addition Dolby Atmos needs an AVR receiver to play on PC and it is going to cost processing cycles.
I don't understand this comment, can you elaborate?

My question is why we need to go down this road yet again? I really don't see the end game with discussions like this, there doesn't seem to be a point.

I don't understand this comment, can you elaborate?
It was something that I didn't get either, a guy who told me that out of the blue trying to defend that a PC wouldn't need to process the Dolby Atmos sound so you would get it for free because it is processed in the AVR, so the dedicated chip of the console wouldn't offer any advantage in that sense..

It was something that I didn't get either, a guy who told me that out of the blue trying to defend that a PC wouldn't need to process the Dolby Atmos sound so you would get it for free because it is processed in the AVR, so the dedicated chip of the console wouldn't offer any advantage in that sense..
I'm probably not enough of an expert to determine what creating an Atmos stream costs as far as resources. I was mainly confused about the comment regarding a PC requiring an AVR for Atmos. An AVR with Atmos support is required irrespective of platform if you want to output to an Atmos speaker setup.

You certainly can't buy PC(as good of a) for the price of Scorpio($499.99), but damn it if it isn't the closest case ever, here's for example
f3_3840_h.png
running at 4k with High settings(not maxed out) on a 4GB RX 470($170), would not be surprised if by the time it launches, you'll be able to get fitting CPU
f3_proz.png
and videocard(8gb Rx 480(580?)) for just half the price.

You certainly can't buy PC(as good of a) for the price of Scorpio($499.99), but damn it if it isn't the closest case ever, here's for example
f3_3840_h.png
running at 4k with High settings(not maxed out) on a 4GB RX 470($170), would not be surprised if by the time it launches, you'll be able to get fitting CPU
Uh that's at 30fps, not 60fps. From that graph only the 1080 is capable of 60fps.

I'm probably not enough of an expert to determine what creating an Atmos stream costs as far as resources. I was mainly confused about the comment regarding a PC requiring an AVR for Atmos. An AVR with Atmos support is required irrespective of platform if you want to output to an Atmos speaker setup.
oh well, then we are talking about two completely different levels of abstraction. I was merely talking about the cost of support for Dolby Atmos on the PC, processing wise.

This PC runs the game at 4k60, using a GTX 1070, although the rest of the components aren't mentioned.

We're talking about Xbox here, Horizon games are 30fps.
Forza Horizon 3 is an entirely different beast. I'd sacrifice detail for 4k60 fps any time of the day, to make it run at 4k60 on a console. The game is running here on a RX480 -which Scorpio seems to be based on- at 4K Ultra:

what? Do you mean console 4k vs real 4k movie visual fidelity?
PS4 Pro games use checkerboard rendering to achieve 4k resolution whilst actually rendering sub-4k (close to usually, depending on title). PC will always render at the specified resolution.

Whether Forza @ 4k60 on Scorpio is using a similar rendering system or not I have no idea. Since there's a whole lot of horsepower in the scorpio, it may well be rendering at full 4k.

Back