Price error alert! 80GB HDD for $3...

I've been doing quite well with internet shopping price errors this year, back in April I purchased a Sony KD32NX200 Freeview TV that was bundled with a DVP-NS405 DVD player and a SE 820 VHS Vid player for £864.98 + £27.50 Del from www.unbeatable.com. A few days after my order they changed the price back to £1749.99 but still delivered the goods!!!
Then a few weeks ago I was looking for a Tennis bracelet as part of a birthday present and picked up an 18ct white gold (14.28gr) bracelet with .098cts of diamonds on it from www.gioie.it for a Fedex deliveried price of £68.00, 10days later it was back in stock at £385.00 + 20% Vat +Del! :D

Wow, yeah you have been doing quite nicely!

MuFu.

P.S. That link is back up to $75 now. A friend of mine ordered ten... it'll be interesting to see whether he gets them or not.

Anyone remember when Buy.com posted a price of US$168 or thereabouts for 19 inch Trinitron monitors around Spring 1999? I wonder what happened about that, I know they reneged on these sales and were sued about a month later...

I just recieved a 200GB hard drive from dell for $248 - $200 rebate. If I lived outside Texas, it would have been $220-$200 rebate

It was a bit of a mistake, but Dell owned up to it because there were two valid rebates that overlapped by a day that were posted on their website.

About a year ago or so I ordered a 2ghz Northwood P4 from pccanada.com that was listed for $12.99.. they called later that day and no amount of ranting or raving would get them to honour it :?

Whenever I read such posts, I kick myself that I live in Germany. :D Over here, price tags are nothing more than "an invitation to make an offer to the vendor, who may accept or refuse". In other words, if a PIV 2.8Ghz is labelled "€30", I could well insist that they have to sell it to me at that price, but they don't have to. The law is on their side. :oops:

Well, it does prevent a little wear on the nerves, probably, or else I'd be spending much of my leisure time looking for such offers. *Grin*

Back