pre-X06 MEGATON precognition chronicle

Brimstone

B3D Shockwave Rider
Veteran
Majik 8-ball says

Alan Wake seems like an obvious choice for Microsoft to promote.

New RARE game most likely Killer Instinct.

Fable 2 stuff from Lionhead.

Some Halo 3 stuff

Wolfenstein 2 graphics look amazing thanks to Carmacks latest engine

Shadowrun a fun and exciting multiplayer

Gears of War has great graphics

Majik 8-ball speculates

Ninja Gaiden 2 announced as XB360 exclusive

Cipher Complex signed as a XB360 exclusive

New controller with latest Immersion next-gen rumble to be displayed

Microsoft has purchased Shiny and will announce it at the show

Last edited by a moderator:
Return to Castle Wolfenstein 2 won't use Carmack's next engine : this engine will be used for the first time for id software new IP ;)

Raven has a strong tradition of using ID's next-gen engines. Carmack already mentioned that the 360 is a primary platform focus, so I suspect it will use the latest engine from ID.

Threads like this could really set you up for a dissappointment. Just wait for X06 and be surprised ;)

Well I was originally going to type Cypher Complex, the Metal Gear Solid 4 killer, to go XB360 exclusive. I tried to lower my expectations.

it's been known for some time, and is to be on the doom3 engine. maybe it'll use megatexture in some places, and maybe it shuns geforce 3 and similar compatibility to have more complex shaders, but I don't quite believe in an engine change :)

it's been known for some time, and is to be on the doom3 engine. maybe it'll use megatexture in some places, and maybe it shuns geforce 3 and similar compatibility to have more complex shaders, but I don't quite believe in an engine change :)

It's a modified Doom3 engine. I'd expect them to have replaced the stencil shadows with some other solution, for example.

O.K can someone please post a link that says that RTCW2 will be made on modified Doom3 engine??I seem to remember that it will use a brand new engine and i don't think that i am mistaken,even though i could be i guess.

Anyway i don't expect a NG2 announcement.It's too soon and it would be bad for the recently announced NG:S.

Other than that,Halo 3 will probably not be at X06,GOW will be at a near(but not final) complete state(obviously),gameplay footage of gams like Alan wake and Mass effect will probably be there,a new rare game also having fantastic graphics and 1-2 new games.

last year we had the unveiling of Crackdown,Mass Effect and Too Human.Let's see what we'll have this year.

GOW will probably take the spotlight as it's release is very, very close. But I still expect a few new Halo3 images, just to let people know that it's coming.

Any guesses on H3's release?

I'm thinking q4 07 with the movie following max six months after that...

How about that secret new Bungie game?

In their podcast they mention a juicy announcement coming next week...

How about that secret new Bungie game?

In their podcast they mention a juicy announcement coming next week...

Mister Chief pimpin' mermaid SBes in the middle ages? You heard it here, first, folks.

But, supposedly something is happening. And the temporary voice overs/outtakes were hilarious. "Who modeled this model that looks like crap?"

Back