PowerVR MBX SDKs and Sony Ericsson Phones

Kristof

Regular
Supporter
Imagination Technologies' PowerVR IP in Philips Application Processor for Smartphones - Sony Ericsson to Deploy Philips PNX4008 in mobile phone products.

Details : http://www.imgtec.com/News/Release/index.asp?ID=230

Imagination Technologies Releases PowerVR MBX Public Software Development Kit at 3GSM 2005 - The first two public SDKs, to be launched at 3GSM 2005, are for PC emulation and Pocket PC (including the Dell Axim X50v).

The SDK includes a wide portfolio of tools such as the PowerVR Texture compressor and compression library, a 3D Studio Max exporter, a VGP Vertex Program compiler with detailed performance information (clock cycle counts) and an extensive tools library (supporting fixed point maths, matrix and vertex maths, tangent space calculation, geometry import, etc.).

As well as access to advanced OpenGL ES 3D hardware functionality the SDK provides full details and specifications of the PowerVR MBX specific OpenGL-ES extensions, which open up features such as PVRTCâ„¢ texture compression and vertex programs.

The demos included in the SDK feature examples of a wide range of effects enabled by PowerVR MBX. These include: dynamic reflections; different texture filter modes; projected shadow textures; Polybump technology; spherical harmonics lighting with VGP; physics based particle effects; cell-shading; multiple differently coloured spotlights; morphing (in combination with multi-texturing); and matrix skinned characters in combination with DOT3 per pixel lighting.

Details: http://www.powervr.com/News/Release/index.asp?ID=81

8)

K-

nice! very nice!

I had already forgotten about that. Didn't even expect that it will happen ever.

Thanks alot Kristof.

Manfred

:idea: So, how about some portable products that include this near-legendary -like IP that one can actually BUY...?

but that link says the xim has an intel 2700g multimedia accelerator ? so has powervr licensed the tech to intel now , or do you mean the sdk supports that hardware ?

*confused*

how does the opengl-es relate to the jsr 187 ( or whatever the 3d j2me extensions are called ;) )

davefb said:
but that link says the xim has an intel 2700g multimedia accelerator ? so has powervr licensed the tech to intel now , or do you mean the sdk supports that hardware ?

Didn't you read the first post?
Imagination Technologies Releases PowerVR MBX Public Software Development Kit at 3GSM 2005 - The first two public SDKs, to be launched at 3GSM 2005, are for PC emulation and Pocket PC (including the Dell Axim X50v).

Unless, when you are ask "Has powervr licensed the tech to intel now?" you actually mean "Does the 2700g contain an MBX or MBX-Lite?" :?

err yeah i did read it but kristof's reply to guden stated that the axim had powervr technology in it... which doesnt seem corrrect.... i was just asking if the intel chip in the axim used some powervr ip under licence......
ah so i probably DO mean , does the 2700g contain mbx or mbx-lite.... :)

Back