posts dissapearing

You can add them to your profile already - they just aren't shown next to the posts. Click my name to view my profile and see if you can name my picture. ;) Without using the internet to look he/she/it up!

I'd argue that one's debatable. Considering the acronyms should all be dotted anyway - C.P.U. - clearly the punctutation guidelines are in a state of flux. Affording the apostrophe an extra role for appending onto acronyms is a perfectly acceptable evolution IMO.

Initialisms.

I'd argue that one's debatable. Considering the acronyms should all be dotted anyway - C.P.U. - clearly the punctutation guidelines are in a state of flux. Affording the apostrophe an extra role for appending onto acronyms is a perfectly acceptable evolution IMO.
I think you just want a spanking with my stick.

A section of the Titanfall 2 thread was removed yesterday. Not complaining about the moderation, but it would be nice to have notification of it for affected posters if possible.

A section of the Titanfall 2 thread was removed yesterday. Not complaining about the moderation, but it would be nice to have notification of it for affected posters if possible.

Yes, all the posts not about TitanFall2 but about TitanFall1 graphics bickering was removed.

I didn't think notification about offtopic posts being removed would be necessary and would only generate more noise. I'll consider using the notifying posters in the future the next time a mass cleanup is done.

Post don't vanish, they get moderated.
So if one of your post vanished, it means it was noise instead of signal, learn from it and make sure it's signal next time.

Post don't vanish, they get moderated.

Indeed, and that was acknowledged: "A section of the Titanfall 2 thread was removed yesterday. Not complaining about the moderation"

So if one of your post vanished, it means it was noise instead of signal, learn from it and make sure it's signal next time.

Reasonable responses to sections of 'noise' posts can be swept up in the cull. This is to be expected though, as the responses can fall out of context without the posts to which they were replying.

I was just thinking it would be courteous to have an alert raised when a post is deleted. No need for a reason or anything, just something to let posters know that a section of a thread that included their posts has been moderated.

Seemed like the sort of thing that could be automated, but if it involves manual intervention then no worries.

There is a checkbox to allow a notification for owners of deleted/moved posts. Just needs the mod to remember to click it. ;)

Indeed, and that was acknowledged: "A section of the Titanfall 2 thread was removed yesterday. Not complaining about the moderation"

Reasonable responses to sections of 'noise' posts can be swept up in the cull. This is to be expected though, as the responses can fall out of context without the posts to which they were replying.

I was just thinking it would be courteous to have an alert raised when a post is deleted. No need for a reason or anything, just something to let posters know that a section of a thread that included their posts has been moderated.

Seemed like the sort of thing that could be automated, but if it involves manual intervention then no worries.

Indeed.

Back