Post Your Game Setups!! (warning: large pictures possible)

Well, here's my setup. Nothing super fancy, but I like it.

dkhtsetup1.jpg

Here's the drawn out list of items:

1. Remotes (TV, VCR, receiver, DVD player, Xbox DVD)
2. Two, count 'em two Xbox's :!:
3. The receiver. This is where the magic happens.
4. Front speakers... 300 watts total.
5. Subwoofer... 100 watts total.
6. teh Xbox
7. Samsung DVD player. Using it to play just mp3's right now.
8. Sony VCR (ProLogic II is alright for movies... better for music)
9. Advanced A/V pack. Using 6ft. Monster optical cable for sound.
10. Bottom 2 speakers are for my small stereo which is next to my bed (hooked up). Top two are the original speakers for the stereo... they suck and are junk... using them to elevate the main speaks.
11. Stockpiled DVD collection (not all of them, and not all of them are mine).
12. Xbox Games
13. SOENAY STUDYA MONTER FONNZE!!1!111
14. OXM demo discs and memory card.
15. RCA 20" stereo TV... I've had it for a while now.
16. The chair I sit in that I've cushioned myself. I have tape on the floor to mark the strategic position the chair should be at. I really need a more comftorable solution though.
***Not listed***: Everything else... should be pretty self-explanatory :p

Here's a closer pic of the goods:

dkhtsetup2.jpg

Here's my Xbox setup. My Gamecube setup isn't interesting, it's a 25" Sharp stereo TV + Gamecube and that's about it, so I won't show it. :)

setup2.jpg

setup1.jpg

TV is a Sony WEGA XBR 36"
Receiver is a 600W Pioneer (PL1 (no PL2), DD5.1, DTS)
Speakers are Nuance loudspeakers (5.1, 100W satellites and 120W sub)
Right below the TV is the digital cable terminal (Motorolla DCT 2100)
Then the Xbox
Then the VCR

I might as well post mine too. From a couple of weeks ago:

My Dreamcast setup:

PCstuff_edit.jpg

Rest of my setup:

Edit_theater.jpg

All of the rest of my gaming stuff is at my parent's house in the basement. I got a couple of big boxes down there of old consoles and games and cases. My Ps2 and many of my games I lent to my brother, but they are back now. Also, most of my DVDs are actually his... altogether we have around 200 DVDs I think.

I don't have a digital camera, so just picture in your mind a cardboard box containing a Super Nintendo and an NES, with a few games and controlers. The box is currently sitting under one of my computer desks.

I wish I had a digicam.. my setup hauls!

21inch pos Panasonic TV, hooked up to my Inspiron notebook, Xbox, and PS2, which are all hooked up to my Inspire 5700 DD/DTS system.. with an old P2 300 with 246 gigs of storage hidden away for DIVX (networked to the laptop for TV-out) loving too :)

edit: my beautifully airbrushed & detailed gundam models add to the decor too!! :oops:

Hmm... got a DreamCast and Xbox on the way right now... but anyway, here's a link to a photo. Damn JPEG compression after I did my editing... oh well, it works, at least. You'll have to copy and paste... damn Tripod... anyone care to host the shot? :p

http://steelkiel.tripod.com/gamestuff.jpg

Ain't it spiffy?

Jesus Helluva Christ, a 61" HDTV! How much did it cost?

I saw a similarly sized flat-panel plasma TV at Best Buy for a staggering $10,000. That's just under a year's pay at my job.

Here's our dinky 19" Sony TV. I just bought a 27" Panasonic for the family, but my parents wanted me to stop playing games in the living room.

Now we've reverted to the setup that I played my Atari 2600 up to the DC on.

setup1.jpg

Here's about 1/3 of my games and all of my DVD's. (sans Terminator 2, Fight Club, and BOC:Live) Yay me!

setup2.jpg

This is the rest of my games. This time, nothing but GCN titles. *hugs his copy of Metroid Prime*

setup3.jpg

The dynamic duo!

setup4.jpg

My GBA.. complete with Afterburner (although you can barely tell) and Castlevania:COTM is off to the left..

setup5.jpg

Blade said:
Jesus Helluva Christ, a 61" HDTV! How much did it cost?

I saw a similarly sized flat-panel plasma TV at Best Buy for a staggering $10,000. That's just under a year's pay at my job.

Reverse-projection. :) Hey, it works, and it looks great.

$3,000 at Best Buy.

Actually if you look at the sliding glass door you can see a reflection of the video shelf :LOL:

The only thing I'm missing is surround sound, but the speakers on the HDTV do sound very good with DPL2 input from the GCN... oh well. I dunno, it's really just a novelty, nothing past stereo is really REQUIRED yet - I can tell pretty darn well where my enemies are in TimeSplitters 2 without real surround speakers! ^_^

Tagrineth said:
Hmm... got a DreamCast and Xbox on the way right now... but anyway, here's a link to a photo. Damn JPEG compression after I did my editing... oh well, it works, at least. You'll have to copy and paste... damn Tripod... anyone care to host the shot? :p

http://steelkiel.tripod.com/gamestuff.jpg

Ain't it spiffy?

You got a Super Scope too.. w00t! That makes you l33t!

Moved house recently, no time tidying up yet, here is a corner for consoles

consoles.JPG

No space yet for the Ocean Blue PS2, Dreamcast, and the surround system.

zurich said:
Wow MaskRider, your SPCH-1000 PS2 hasn't died on you yet?!

It is still working very fine for me (never had a fault so far working as a console for my big PS2/PS games library and sometimes as a DVD player), even if it is the first batch of SCPH-10000, ha ha ! :D

Back