possible g80 driver bug with tm united

Discussion in '3D Hardware, Software & Output Devices' started by icecold1983, Dec 18, 2006.

1. icecold1983

Banned

i can not get any aa modes to work beyond the games included 4x mode. ive tried app override, enhance etc. when i add extra aa thru the ctrl panel the fps drops but the image output is identical. wondering if its a driver issue or a game engine issue. anyone else have this game?

2. Grestorn

Newcomer

If anything helps then it's "enhance". But if the image quality doesn't seem to improve, the game just might be incompatible.

But the difference between 4x and one of the new modes is quite subtle. It's usually not possible to see the difference with the naked eye without using zoomed sections of a screenshot.

3. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Dangerously Mirthful
    Legend

I haven't used any nVidia cards since the 6800GT, but I'd think that 4x compared to the new modes would be noticeable in motion in the form of jaggies/shimmers.

That's where I see the improvements using the Crossfire super-AA modes with ATi most.

4. icecold1983

Banned

im pretty sure its not adding any extra aa, i can easily tell the difference in other games. heres 2 screens. btw this is the 97.44 driver.

4xaa selected thru games menu

[​IMG]

4xaa selected with app enhance to 8xqaa

[​IMG]

the lighting is different because this game has an effect that tries to simulate the passing of clouds in front of the sun, so a few of the very small wires show slightly different aliasing but this is because of the gcaa i think. 99% of the edges are identical but the fps dropped by 10.

#4 icecold1983, Dec 18, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2006
  5. pharma

Veteran Regular

@Icecold1983

You should post in the forums at nvnews.net since a larger audience may/may not have similar issues to you running the same hardware and can provide better support. If you go through the 8800 posts there you'll see most are having issues with current drivers.

Pharma

6. icecold1983

Banned

will do, thx for suggestion, i just usually post questions here because its the most knowledgeable forum about 3d graphics.

7. ben6

Regular

icecold what specific game is that?

8. Skrying

Skrying S K R Y I N G
    Veteran

TrackMania United. Icecold has great taste!

*Not to go off topic but look for TrackMania Nations, its completely free and basically the same game but limited to a arena, but includes online play and a level editor, lots of fun crazy racing (time trail based, no head to head exactly). TM Nations does include Starforce though, so beware, I love the games though and have bought TrackMania Sunrise, not sure how he got United, I didn't know it was out.

#8 Skrying, Dec 19, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2006
  9. ben6

Regular

ok, didn't know it was out either. I saw tm United and was thinking wth is that lol

10. Nappe1

Nappe1 lp0 On Fire!
    Veteran

it's out as online store (pay and download) or as in normal media in france, switzerland, belgium and australia. rest of the world has to wait media version until february or so...

Not that it would change anything... I am going to buy it anyways when the media version comes out. :)

11. Skrying

Skrying S K R Y I N G
    Veteran

Bah! :(