Possibilty of a GSYNC->Freesync converter box

mrcorbo

Foo Fighter
Veteran
Is there any chance that with FreeSync/HDMI 2.1 VRR becoming available in TVs that Nvidia creates or allows to be created an external device that allows their GSYNC-capable GPUs to work with them? Is it even technically possible?

Wouldnt it likely come in the form of software drivers and maybe firmware updates? I'm assuming they have as flexible video output parts as AMD has.

Wouldnt it likely come in the form of software drivers and maybe firmware updates? I'm assuming they have as flexible video output parts as AMD has.

Even if they could I'm assuming Nvidia won't be that consumer-friendly.

Even if they could I'm assuming Nvidia won't be that consumer-friendly.

In which case, I'd expect cease and desist letters from NV to whoever dares try to circumvent one of their cash cows.

Until the market forces them to change their ways they're going to do everything they can to exploit their users.

There's nothing preventing them from supporting an open standard, and if Gsync really is as good as they say it is, then they shouldn't lose any sales of Gsync monitors. However, if it isn't that much better than plain old Adaptive sync, they'd likely lose a bunch of revenue from their overpriced Gsync modules. Hence, they'll never support adaptive sync until consumers force them to.

Regards,
SB

Back