portable wifi with batter

orangpelupa

Elite Bug Hunter
Legend
Hello,
Tp link have portable wifi called as 3040 that have 2000mah battery. But it's expensive on amazon, any alternative or places to look for it in Netherlands?

I also considered hema a1, but I prefer tplink because openwrt works on it.

Thank you

EDIT:
hello autoincorrect :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this thread needs to be retitled. The idea of having a portable wife that runs on batteries sounds great though. I assume there would be a pause and an off button?

LOL :LOL: i edited the title now :D

free-wife.jpg

tumblr_lq3xqk1En51qz9vwpo1_500.jpg

I assume there would be a pause and an off button?
Mute button would be sufficient, I think... :)

Seriously though, many smartphones have built-in wifi access points these days, and they're quite battery efficient. If you have such a phone, just get yourself a dutch subscription/SIM card with some data access, and you should be set (you probably don't want the roaming charges when using your home country subscription, if you still have one running...)

my phone have horrible battery life. If used, it will die in afternoon.

im considering that tplink wifi to charge my phone and to transform wired ethernet into wifi to be used by my tablet (it doesnt have ethernet port)

Maybe a USB-connected extension battery would be the cheapest option for you. Your phone should be able to provide wifi for your tablet then, yes?

im avoiding gsm internet subs. So its usually the opposite, i use my tablet to share internet access to my phone.

i have USB to Ethernet but my phone kernel doesn't have the driver :(

do you guys able to see the picture of free wifes i posted above? its a brochure/poster on hotel and supermarket in Indonesia.

Hello,
Tp link have portable wifi called as 3040 that have 2000mah battery. But it's expensive on amazon, any alternative or places to look for it in Netherlands?

I also considered hema a1, but I prefer tplink because openwrt works on it.

Thank you

EDIT:
hello autoincorrect :rolleyes:

I have the TP-LINK TL-MR3040...what I like about it is you could charge the router's battery while using it at the same time using the included USB wall plug. I haven't used the 3G/4G to connect a modem though. I've only used the ethernet connected to my cable modem for testing.

RudeCurve, do you have any idea where i can buy it for cheap in netherlands?

l looked the price from listed official online reseller in TP-LINK website for netherlands and they sell it 100% more expensive than the price in Indonesia.

in indonesia its like about 30 EUR, in those online stores its 60 EUR :(

thanks

Can a friend or family member ship you a unit from Indonesia for less than €30...?

Of course, cheap freight that far might take a month. Maybe not the best idea ever. *shrug*

Try Ebay, maybe? Or online classifieds ads, for a used device (which might not work, and you'd be ripped off and lose your money. Use a payment method with fraud protection, if possible.)

do i get import tax/duty/custom if i receive packet from Indonesia?

in Indonesia, if receiving things from overseas, the tax can reach 100% :(
but its free to export :D

edit:

http://enterkomputer.com/networking.php

its actually only 25 EUR in Indonesia. Wow... laptops are expensive in indonesia but it seems networking things are much cheaper.

"portable wifi with batter"
File under: WTF is wrong with people in industrialized countries? It's like those assholes who stand in line for launch of the newest iThing and then video themselves smashing the device against the concrete floor of the store.

do i get import tax/duty/custom if i receive packet from Indonesia?
Probably, yes. Shouldn't be too much if it's a cheap gadget (couple percent of the sales price?) You should be able to look it up at the NL customs website.

laptops are expensive in indonesia but it seems networking things are much cheaper.
It's actually possible that thing is MADE in Indonesia... :)

Back