Pokemon GO

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/08/pokemon-go-sheds-more-than-10m-users/

Snippet:

Engagement, downloads, and time spent in the app are fading fast.

Pokémon Go is starting to lose its buzz, with the latest tracking data seeming to suggest the game is simply a fad.

It had almost 45 million daily users in July, but this figure appears to have sunk by more than 12 million since the start of August, to just over 30 million said to be playing Pokémon Go. Further decline is expected, as downloads, engagement, and the time users spend on the app have all also visibly flopped, according to data provided by Sensor Tower, SurveyMonkey, and Apptopia.

Bloomberg, which saw the raw data, reported that other major apps such as Twitter, Facebook, and Snapchat "can breathe a sigh of relief" that Pokémon Go is finally wobbling, as the game's popularity had apparently been costing them considerable amounts of users.

Still seeing quite a lot of kids around where I live hunched over their phones with PokeGO running tho. However I'm not surprised interest is fading; the actual game game seems to have been exceptionally thin, and I'm amazed interest reached such heights as it did. Also, I'm surprised Nintendo launched the game with as little substance as there is in it currently; that's equivalent to blowing your wad at 1st base, when in reality you would want to keep pumping your users for a long, long time... :p

if its too complex, i wont blow up as big as right now where even a grampa can play

btw the interaction with real world itself is rather deep where food sellers keeps plugging lure all night, then people who shops can talk to each other easily (simply due to they are seeing each other playing the same game), etc.

Was playing it a bit with my 5yo. I'm surprised just how bug ridden the game is. One thing it has going for it though, it's definitely got a lot of the kids outside and exercising :)

Back