Please Help with KT400 online Gaming - It's all gone Cr*p :(

sir doris

Regular
I have posted this everywhere but to no avail, can someone please help?

I love playing games on line but i can't cause my PC's screwed and i don't know what to do :(

I have recently upgraded from a KT133A (Abit KT7A) to a KT400 (Gigabyte 7VAXP). I connect to the internet using ICS over 100MBit LAN on a 512K Cable connection, there are four PC's on the LAN including mine and the ICS machine connected to the Cable Modem.

At the moment Browsing the internet and downloading files is great just as it was before the upgrade,also copying files accross the LAN is also fine as it was before the upgrade. However before i upgraded i could play games online with no problem, however now i get massive amounts of choak, and packet loss in online games making them unplayable. Games I have tried include Quake , CS and UT2K3. All games which played fine with no loss or choak before. Other PC's on the LAN continue to get great performance accross the internet.

I previously had a SoundBlaster Live Value installed but was only able to get it to work on the KT400 by disabling SB16 support in device manager. So i have since rebuilt the sdystem using the on-board Audio.

Full system details:

Was
T'Bird 1.3
Abit KT7A - KT133A
512MB PC133
ATI 9000Pro
SoundBlaster Live Value
Intel Pro 100B
40GB IBM 5400RPM HD
LS-120
Toshiba 4.8x DVD
HP 4x4x24x CD Burner

Now
XP 2100+
Gigbyte GA-7VAXP - KT400
256MB PC2700
ATI 9000Pro
RealTek Audio
Intel Pro 100B - PCI Slot 4
40GB IBM 5400RPM HD
LS-120
Toshiba 4.8x DVD
HP 4x4x24x CD Burner

[Edit]
Whoops 4got the OS: Win98SE both b4 and after
[/Edit]

Any help gratefully received - plz plz plz plz plz help ;P

Thx.

SORTED :)

Have pulled out my Intel NIC and gone with the On Board RealTek LAN :(

But it all seems to be working fine now - UT2K3 is fantastic :)

Back