Please don't hate me.

K.I.L.E.R

Retarded moron
Veteran
I'm still learning.
Please don't hate me because there are gaps in my knowledge.

I'm really trying my best to fill them in.
I'm reading over 204 pages in linear algebra alone in my book and I don't skip a page or overlook even the slightest details.
I make sure I fully know what's going on before going to the next paragraph.

From my highschool days I forgot a lot of the maths, last year I had to fill in a lot of the blanks, however this year I'm doing more higher end stuff and I'm only starting to get fairly experienced with the stuff.

My biggest issue is with visualisation of models. I can do the maths but I have issues visualising what I'm trying to do.
I'm also working on that.

So please don't hate me, I will come out knowing how to add numbers sooner or later.

EDIT:
I also found the easter eggs. I have big eggs. They are made out of chocolate.

I have the opposite problem - when I grasp something quickly and/or thoroughly, it is often because I was able to easily visualize the problem and/or solution. This is a blessing for applied physics and other applied sciences like engineering, organic chemistry, and much of the biosciences. But for "pure" math, the stuff that is so distant from our everyday experience that you just have to understand the types of problems a certain approach can be useful for and learn the mechanics of the solution, that's where I have more problems. Fourier transforms and a lot of tensor stuff for example isn't so bad, as it has ties to something tangible, but get way out there in number theory or more esoteric branches and I'm more or less lost.

K.I.L.E.R said:
I'm still learning.

I'm reading over 204 pages in linear algebra alone in my book and I don't skip a page or overlook even the slightest details.
I make sure I fully know what's going on before going to the next paragraph.

From my highschool days I forgot a lot of the maths, last year I had to fill in a lot of the blanks, however this year I'm doing more higher end stuff and I'm only starting to get fairly experienced with the stuff.

My biggest issue is with visualisation of models. I can do the maths but I have issues visualising what I'm trying to do.
I'm also working on that.

So please don't hate me, I will come out knowing how to add numbers sooner or later.

EDIT:
I also found the easter eggs. I have big eggs. They are made out of chocolate.
All righty you charming bastard:p

I hate you.

...Sorry about that. Actually I don't, I'm just impulsive. However, I can understand anything in math that I want to. People say I'm a genius. Shame you arn't too! :LOL:

Ok, maybe that was a bit mean, even if it's true. Still, you do post way too many threads. I mean it's almost postwhoring. Thankfully it's just a phase the young, foolish and immature go through.

Oh there's the insults again, my bad! Honestly, I postwhored a lot too. I have ~7400 posts on the 3D Realms forum, which is kind of cool I guess. You're not worse, just different, like those special ed kids... uhh... Never mind what I just said. I think I'm coming down with a bit of postwhoring myself. :p

But seriously, my brain is like one big abstract graph of relationships, which I continually optimise, determining and collapsing equilivant concepts into one. Thus, I can understand pure math with ease. However, I can also visualise things with extreme depth, even running simple physical simulations in my head with reasonable accuracy. In addition, I can also hear tones/sound and construct/compose new audio in my head at will. Still, my kinesetic (sp?) sense is not as sharp as it should be, although that's probably only because I never exercise. Then again, I am an expert skiier, so the potential is there.

I swear, someone with as many talents as me ought to be narcissitic. Hell, they deserve to be narcisstic! But amazingly enough I'm not! Although I must admit, I am quite the charmer. ;)

On the other hand, I might just be an insecure neurotic nutjob, which can make one thuroughly confused, and I empathise. Did I mention that I'm also very good at that? Well, that's another story for another time. My point is that you shouldn't feel so bad Mr. Kiler, there are some much worse off then you.

Last edited by a moderator:
K.I.L.E.R said:
I'm still learning.

This is a problem I find some people have. Don't overburden yourself with the idea that you must learn and understand everything before moving on. It isn't possible, no one (and I mean no one) understands everything, and it interferes with learning.

I know that I understand the stuff because I can do the exercises in the back of each section. There are like hundreds of them.
I do take breaks in between learning, I did cover this stuff last year but I'm going over it again because there are things which I missed and there are things which we did not learn.

What I did last night for instance:
Read eigen problems.
Played CS:S.
Solved eigen problems.

I'm almost to the 204 page mark. :D

Back