Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

EaQsgsIVcAAIFo8

seriously I don't think it can lay flat ?
If the outside edges are flat, it will be able to, with a space underneath. Looks tall though. Odd choice. I think bold as it is and futuristic, it'll look out of place in many homes.

Edit - the outside edges are curved. Really odd choice that you have to have it vertical. I wonder if there'll be outrage?

If the outside edges are flat, it will be able to, with a space underneath. Looks tall though. Odd choice. I think bold as it is and futuristic, it'll look out of place in many homes.
the bottom stand would have to be removable as it looks wider than the top but then the top would be wider than the white part of the bottom

A not-terrible PlayStation design. Tell me it isn't so!! :runaway:
Depends what you mean by terrible. Form follows function. If it can't be laid horizontally in a cabinet, it'll clash with some households.

Maybe it's designed to rock as a cat deterrent, stop them sitting on the thing?

Design looks ok, but I think the colors are a missed both for the controller and console.

Depends what you mean by terrible. Form follows function. If it can't be laid horizontally in a cabinet, it'll clash with some households.
Aesthetically, this is the nicest looking PlayStation for me since PS2, which is the only one I've really liked.

Design looks ok, but I think the colors are a missed both for the controller and console.
I very much expect them as variations. May even be replaceable, although MS's version of that with 360 faceplates wasn't continued for XB1, so I guess it wasn't a big and worthwhile market for them?

You know I wonder what cooling solution they found.....considering what form they chose for the XBOX Series X, I was surprised to see this form factor for the PS5 when the cooling is even more important

Back