Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

So they made a genuine PS5: Digital Edition without Optical UHD drive? That must be to get the cost down another $50 so they look better when they have to list the price.

I think revealing a white console with a white background is a mistake. But looks nice, at least is not "box".

So they made a genuine PS5: Digital Edition without Optical UHD drive? That must be to get the cost down another $50 so they look better when they have to list the price.

The Digital Edition likely $400 to hit the sweet spot, while the version with the optical drive hits $450.

I think revealing a white console with a white background is a mistake.

Agreed. It made it tougher to see the real form factor. Looking forward to photos and tear down and acoustic footprints.

I think revealing a white console with a white background is a mistake. But looks nice, at least is not "box".

depends on what you want . A black box goes into my entertainment system and disappears like my fire tv cube and my cable box . This sony thing is going to stick out like a sore thumb , thankfully if I did buy I would avoid the disk drive edition

https://www.theverge.com/2020/6/11/...nsole-announcement-design-hardware-specs-sony

xWZMNYm.5.png

edit:
ps5.gif

Apparently you can't set it horizontally, both sides are curved one way or another?
edit2: or is the left side straight enough?

So the made a genuine PS5: Digital Edition without Optical UHD drive? That must be to get the cost down another $50 so they look better when they have to list the price.

That surprised me. But I suppose it's an easy way to get a chunk of dollars cheaper than the XSX whilst securing a gamer who will be more profitable than one who can buy physical media.

Personally, I'll be going with the version with an ODD.

I wonder how many more digital copies of GTAV it's going to result in?

I actually love the new design. I’m secretly hoping though that the white panels are face plates that can be replaced with custom stuff. It would make some sense ... .

Also GT7 made me realize how nice it will be to have no load times in that game. And they did some great fan service with bringing back some old favorites like Deep Forest with great sunlight effects, which the old PS2 version had too, was amazing for its time.

Back