Playstation 5 hacked [2021-11, 2022-10] *spawn

By "these people", I was referring to the hackers (failoverflow, etc) that originally cracked the security. Not the mod chip makers (team xecuters, gateway, etc) that usually (even team xecuter stole from atmosphere) stole codes from the original hackers.

Ah yes your right :p

ps5-dev-kit-dfi-d1000aa-robert-sebo-sdk-10.jpg

Slow SSD Mode? o_O
Just to be clear, this is not a screenshot from this hacker. This is old screenshot from a PS5 devkit/testkit that briefly appeared on sale. :D

That was quite soon. I didn't expect something like this with a freeBSD system.
I really hope they can "fix" it. Else multiplayer-games might get big problems with cheaters.

I assume the hack was with the Sony custom stuff and not freeBSD itself. So I do not think freeBSD is relevant in this case.
But after PS3 got so throughly p0wned and PS4 actually was much "better" and lasted longer before it got hacked, I am surprised about the PS5.
Anyway won't make a lick of difference to me, since I do not run demos or pirated software in general.

Why's that? PS4 was hacked based on FreeBSD.
Was it really hacked? The only thing I know about PS4 "hacking" is that it was cloned. But I have never seen that someone could read the rootkeys.

edit:
oh... now that I google for "PS4 custom firmware", I see. Seems like I totally missed that.

Maybe Sony will change their stance and made Playstation more open, like Xbox? So there would be less interests to hack it

Yeah, Sony have pivoted massively since Net Yaroze. They kind of went there with PS3 linux, which eventually bit them on arse.

It wonder if the piracy situation is much less endemic now than it was back in the days before connected consoles, where it's easy to block a console permanently from online services.

Iirc the doors to the PS3 security vault were blown wide open with the exposure of the root keys, and yet I still can't turn my super slim into a full-fledged debug kit.

That's where the new-wave of security comes in. Those offline consoles will only be able to play buggy shit because games are released in a broken mess that need a day 1 patch minimum to get working toa most rudimentary standard. turns out dodgy 'QA' was all part of the plan! :runaway:

You've always been patch games on offline consoles so I expect you would be able to do the same on PS5.

Back