Planet found in Earth's nearest neighbour star system

I used to watch a movie called "Adam" (played by Hugh Dancy and Rose Bryne) about an adult who suffers a symptom or disease called Asperger syndrome. In that movie, he, who was an employee of microchip company, explained to a woman about that expansion theory of universe.

NASA proposes a mission to occult a star so we can look at the planets :D
It's even beautiful : a sort of space flower.
http://motherboard.vice.com/read/nasas-plan-to-block-light-from-distant-stars-to-find-earth-20

As I suspected doing it is pretty hard, but not impossible at all afterall.. Plan would be to position the space shade 37000 km away from a space telescope, and it has a 34m diameter. You have to move the shade, too, so you can aim at different stars not just one.

UP !!!

New Horizons closing in on Pluto encounter
The fly-by of the ninth planet will happen on Tuesday, and the first photo sent by the spacecraft
has already created even more excitement

ix6t76.jpg

http://www.livemint.com/Leisure/PkP...w-Horizons-closing-in-on-Pluto-encounter.html

The plutonic aliens have already hacked our probe and are now probably busy rifling through all the Earth's networks, looking for information about our weaknesses, locations of critical infrastructure, as well as targetable exploits and so on. Tomorrow the shit hits the fan! Remember that I called it!

:devilish::LOL:

It's funny (or sad) how one kind of aliens for this Solar system are looking on the other planets from it for other aliens (when they chose one particular habitat in the face of Planet Earth), and make fun and sarcasm with it. :(

Instead of staying on topic and at least showing some appreciation to this magnificent feat.

I realize English may not be your first language, but I truly don't understand what you've just posted.

It's funny (or sad) how one kind of aliens for this Solar system are looking on the other planets from it for other aliens (when they chose one particular habitat in the face of Planet Earth), and make fun and sarcasm with it. :(

Instead of staying on topic and at least showing some appreciation to this magnificent feat.
I absolutely love the fact that we are out there going this far. Exploring the unknown is extremely exciting! This is a huge achievement in human history parallels with our large hadron collider!

I think it's an amazing achievement. This thing was launched in 2006 ... such precision! And still successfully sending back images too.

Yes, these photos with resolution 80 m per pixel will be real scientific jewels. They should help for creation of the most advanced and detailed map of the most distant planet.

This result represents a major step towards the detection of a twin Earth in the immediate vicinity of the Sun. We live in exciting times!

This is why I love astronomy. Cool!

We have also discovered Pentaquarks today with the LHC. It's been a big day of discoveries! Part of this does depress me, I work in a field that has no role in advancing humanity. I'm a total bystander in this respect =( sigh.

We have also discovered Pentaquarks today with the LHC. It's been a big day of discoveries! Part of this does depress me, I work in a field that has no role in advancing humanity. I'm a total bystander in this respect =( sigh.

I know the feeling!

Back